I absolutely loved reading this book, even more than I thought I would. I found that I enjoyed it so much, I quite literally looked forward to going to bed every night because that is when I read. I wouldn't allow myself to read at any other time during the day so I could really savor the novel. I have never found so many quotable lines of text in any other bookd I've ever read, and I've read a lot (hello, I was an English major!). My favorite quotes from the book can be found in my quotes section on the right side of my blog page.
Next I am onto Forstye Saga by John Galsworthy. After that I am sure I will find all of Mrs. Gaskell's other books. Does anyone have any other ideas of books or authors I might be interested in that fall within this genre?






4 Thoughts:
I have no idea about the genre of Wives and Daughters, but I just finished The Girl with the Pearl Earring and *loved* it. Now you have piqued my interest in this book, I'll have to check it out...though I'm not looking forward to the ending! LOL
Hi Michelle, I didn't put two and two together yesterday, but I have mention of Elizabeth Gaskell, with her interpretion of the humbug, it is on my sidebar if you are interested? x
I am just finishing off the Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander. It's an adventure read and if you like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and the Chronicles of Narnia, you'll enjoy the Prydain series.
The first book is "The Book of Three".
I also just love the books by Victoria Holt. Most stories take place in England during the Victorian age. Some of my favorites are:
The Captive
The Road to Paradise Island
Secret Woman
Post a Comment