There is also nothing better to bring about this realization than a little piece of humble pie. In reading the blogs of my new friends, I realize that while I have been through a lot, I have been through nothing, comparatively.
I have decided that I am done focusing on myself and my ability to reproduce. I can sit here 24 hours a day thinking about all of the "What Ifs" (as proven by the past week), or I can live my life. There is so much more to life than dreading OPKs and potential doctor office visits. There is no sense in worrying about bridges that I might never need to cross. I need to live in the here and now, not what I am going to do if this doesn't work, and what I'll do if that doesn't work either. I am going to stick to the promise I made myself before my surgery, and that is that I would give myself six months, stress-free, to let my body figure out how to adjust to the post-surgery changes and give it a chance to get pregnant on its own, without the help of treatments.
In the meantime, I plan to play this weekend like I don't have a care in the world.
This is a picture of the most relaxing the place in the world that I can think of, and do think of when I need a break from my own thoughts. This is a picture of Kilmahog, Scotland. I usually think of the Scottish countryside while listening to "A Tune About Jack" by Lemon Jelly and just feel my stress melt away. I first heard the song while on a trip around Scotland last year, and will forever remember that moment as one of the most relaxing moments in my whole life.






5 Thoughts:
That's the spirit Michelle!! But never underestimate what you've been and are going thru, you have to go easy on yourself. Scotland is one place i've never been but have been dying to go, that picture just confirms it, thanks for sharing :)
Hi Michelle, many many moons ago (before doctors really understood a very much about fertility and decades before IVF was available), two people were deeply in love and got married (way back in 1953)and they tried and tried to have a baby. The man saw a doctor who advised him that the bad case of Mumps that he had suffered as an adult had left him partially infertile so the couple, still very much in love, decided to adopt children so that they could have the family they had always dreamed of. First, a baby boy and 18 months later a baby girl. They were happy and fulfilled and went about their lives... 5 years later the woman was delighted to discover she had conceived... and I was born in January 1963. My little brother was adopted 18 months later to complete our family.
I think you are quite right to enjoy today for what it is, I think that it was only when Mum stopped stressing about getting pregnant that it actually happened.
Best wishes, Liz
AAAaah I've always wanted to go to Scotland.
Your realization is a good one. I've had those and done well and then started right back on the spiral again. The good thing is that as it goes longer and longer and as I lose more faith that this or that will work, the spiral isn't as horrible or as long. The pain is getting deeper and more deeply rooted, but it's getting easier to handle. Does that make any sense? I guess all this is to say that you'll be ok. You have what it takes to make it through.
I guess there is something to be said for letting go and just hoping it happens "someday." Most of us do have a decent chance of conceiving at least once during a large amount of years if we never use protection. The only problem is, the worry of miscarriage and advancing age. Too bad we don't have an infinite amt of reproduction time!!
Also, your dog is flipping adorable, and that bent objects site is really cute!
Sorry, I'm wordy too. :)
Michelle, that photo is spookily like my little water colour sketch I did, how weird is that, ... hope you r ok...xxx
your post on this is very touching, you go fo it sweetheart, just go right out there and enjoy the big wide world, all will follow in it's own time, I'm sure you have heard all this many times, but maybe, just maybe , it's true....try it .
love and loads of hugs, Kathleen x
u r amazing, so wise for your age, u will do just fine...now get to my page , my two mutts left something for mags!xxxx
Post a Comment