Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thanks :)

I just wanted to thank everyone for their words of encouragement on my last blog entry. It always helps to have support in knowing that you are making the right decision. I have since come to terms with the idea of moving, even to the point that I subconciously started scrubbing my house down today. It wasn't until I had been at cleaning baseboards and doors for a while that I realized I was doing it in anticipation of selling our house. I guess Maggie knew something was up because she went and hid in her crate while I cleaned away. She's normally my little shadow and rarely leaves my side.

I think the only two things that I really have apprehensions about at this point are: 1) leaving my family; and 2) how quickly we might need to move. Last time I put out my resume I had already started packing up my house. I recieved a job offer about two weeks later, and moved two weeks after that. The idea of being out of here within a month scares me. At the same time, I am excited to make the move. Our lives have been on hold the last two years, and we're both ready to settle down for good. Add to that I get another dog when we move and who wouldn't want to go? ;p

Thanks again for the kind and encouraging words. I am truly blessed to know such wonderful people.

1 Thoughts:

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

I read your other post and MAN do I know the feeling. I have lived in 5 different cities/towns in 8 years (3 states). AND I've moved (to different apts or whatever) SEVEN TIMES! No fun I say. The biggest move was to FL from NY. I do have some family down here, but not the family I'm used to being close to. DH's family isn't here either. We did it to make a better life for ourselves in lots of ways. And it worked!! :D It was very very scary, but at the same time, I find that the scary, but exciting things are the ones most worth doing, and the ones that pay off in the end. I still miss family a lot, and we may not stay here forever, but a lot of my medical stuff is helped SO much by the warmer weather and almost constant sunshine. I don't know if I could handle the cold anymore! And it really is invigorating to live here. Our hot hot bad weather is much shorter than the cold we got up North.

Best wishes for Texas! That was one of the places I lived for a short time, and it was a great experience! Texas is definitely different from any place I've ever been in the U.S. And there is some very truly beautiful scenery down there in certain parts.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary