Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend my little brother came down for an entire weekend visit. He headed down Friday afternoon after he found out I had left the office for the day. I layed around while I waited for him to get here, and for Hubs to get home from his business trip. After a rough week, I decided that I deserved a little bit of shopping. So once my brother got here, we headed to Best Buy to exchange some software, then to the mall where I spent $80 on eye shadow (yeah, its worth every penny, but that's a post for another day). After the mall we headed back to my office to pick up my office's corporate ski passes so my guys could spend the next day skiing for free. We rounded out our shopping adventure with a trip to the pet store, where I spent $35 in doggie products for Mags, including shedless shampoo (to help curb Maggie's obsessive shedding problem lately), some special paw pad pampering soap (because her paw pads are dried out from the cold [kind of like my hands]), and a bit of ginger doggie cologne. Spoiled pooch? Oh yeah. Later that night my little bro's girlfriend came down, and the three of us set out to buy the best tasting pizza we could buy before Hubs got home.

My baby brother, the morning he headed out to Iraq.

The next morning my guys got up and went out for a day on the slopes. While they were gone, Mags and I went for a walk to the park where Maggie proceeded to not only sniff every bit of yellow snow left by other dogs, but to lick it as well. Once we got back home, I took a shower, and then Mags got her first ever in-home spa day with her newly purchased Dog Spa goodies. (She gets bathed on a regular basis, as she is an inside dog, but she'd never had a spa day anywhere but the groomers.) After our respective showers, we commenced cleaning the house until the guys came home, tired and starving. We headed out to our favorite local burger joint and ate until we were in food comas.
.

Bird and Mags watching TV at our old apartment.

We spent the whole rest of the weekend watching movies, playing video games (Lego Star Wars), sleeping, eating lots of PEZ, and just plain relaxing. It was an awesome weekend.

6 Thoughts:

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, so jealous of the skiing!! Thank you soooooooo much for your kind thoughts and words, can't tell you how much I appreciate all your support, hugs and well wishes :)
Have a good week,
(hugs)
Kirsten

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds great!!

MrsLaLa said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, that does sound like an awesome weekend! I'm jealous! =)

Vanessa said... [Reply to comment]

Im glad that you had so much fun :)

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

Just what you needed Michelle ... lots of chill out time with baby bro and your man and Mags...
Perfect! It will do you the world of good to relax and have a happy heart..

Love
Michelexxx

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a fab time you had, just chillin with the guys,and some retail therapytoo "what $100000 for eyeshadow,now that is serious retail therapy....good on yea!!! why not, you deserve it, next time he comes to visit go get the matching mascara!!! lol..
Wish you had taken some photos of Mags having a Spa Day...lol
So nice to hear you are in high spirits , just so nice and so happy for you, and your wee brother is so cute, one brave lad there!
loads of hugs, Kath x

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary