I just had to share a funny story from today. In my last blog I posted about hositng a meeting with the president of my company where I could not form coherent sentences. Well, I just made my problems even worse today.
On occasion I take my pooch to work with me for the day. She is very well behaved, and everyone at work loves her. No, really, they love her. I keep her in my office with the door closed and tell a few select people when she is there, and her fans all come in just to say hello to her. I'm really good about not forcing my dog on non-dog people. Anyhoo, today was one of those special days, since Hubs was out of town overnight and I knew she didn't want to be home all alone for the second day in a row. I also figured today would be a good Pooch-to-Work day since I was going to be leaving early with Hubs coming home today and my little brother coming down for the weekend.
.
The new Technical Writer at my company. :)
At about 2:00 I started to really hurt because, surprise of all surprises, I'm ovulating today! Apparently one of the side-effects of my endometrial resection is that I now have ovulation pain and spotting, complete with positive OPK.
I tried to stick my day out until at least 3:00, but by the time 2:30 rolled around, I was finding it difficult to sit upright at my desk due to discomfort. I finally decided to pack it in for the day, loaded up my computer, bundled up my pooch, and headed out the front door. In the parking lot on my way to the car, who should I chance to meet, but the president of the company. Not only did he catch me leaving work really early, he noticed that I was being followed by Maggie. Luckily he was on the phone, but I still saw the look on his face. I just smiled and told him to have a good weekend.
I guess I'll find out Monday if I still have a job. LOL!






8 Thoughts:
Uh, oh! I hope he's a dog lover!! Yikes. I take my dog to work with me from time to time...but I work out of my car and I work with children. I still sometimes wonder what my boss would say if she knew though...hmmm. lol
OH wowee Michelle... that is great news (the ovulation) not the look on the Presidents face!!
I hope he is a compassionate man and will understand your reasons for leaving early!
I just wanted you to know that I have not forgotten my tag duties.. I have been working 12 hour days lately and so tired at the end of the day..
I have given much thought to my tags and will post tomorrow Sunday...
Have a FAB weekend..
Michelexxx
P.s My ovulation pain is much worse since my laparoscopy op... I wish they had told me what to expect at the time!
H i Michelle, greta fun taking Mags to work, Amy does sometimes too, but a bit different taking them to her vets surgery than an office....lol
Glad and sorry to hear about your ov pain, you know what I mean!
I was advised by my GP to have a full hysterectomy at 36 years of age, stupidly I followed his advice, and regretted it ever since, one day I will doa post on it all, still to painfull a memory to talk about,they made so many mistakes and had 2 majors in 10 weeks, just awful, and to top it all Hannah was only 3 at the time, the only thing I don't miss is the heavy periods....
will email you soon Michelle, and do my tag!
Amy got her date for IV Clinic April 23rd? she is not happy, so asked for a cancellation, hope she hears soon, like you she is in a lot of pain today, very heavy one this month, hope it's all good though?most months she doesn't even have a period so this is good in my eyes !!
xxxKath
Hi again, in between work , Adam and your wee brother check out this website, great fun, let Mags see it too...xx
oops, cant link here go to my page I ahve posted it up.........
Wrruff wruff, hey, Mags u there?..check out our moms blogy page, we have left a message for you,enjoy it mate..
loads of wruffers, Ellie n Ralph from Scotland xxx
Oh dear, how funny!!! That is classic, I look forward to hearing about your next meeting with him!! Have a great weekend.
((hugs))
Kirsten
LOL, that is so hilarious ;) Ive always been jealous of people who can take their pets to work. I wish I could, I know my dogter would appreciate it :)
Oh Michelle, how funny! Such a Mitchel (and Jen) moment!! :)
Post a Comment