Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Taking It Easy

Well friends, I have to say, it has been kind of nice taking a break from blogging. It has taken so much pressure off of me, and I really needed that. I needed to not stress about what I was going to post next and spend all day thinking of how to word the perfect post. I needed to not put pressure on myself to keep up with blogs while trying to balance all of the other plates I already had on sticks. I missed everyone, and I still checked in from time-to-time, leaving comments here and there. Honestly, I'm not 100% certain I'm ready to jump back in both feet first just yet. We just have so much going on right now, and I still need a break from all of this crazy stress. I find that most of the time I feel like I'm floating along just fine only to step on a trip wire that sends everyone around my flying in all different directions after the explosion.

Okay, its not THAT bad, not even close... but it kind of feels like it to me.

For the most part I keep things hidden from most folks pretty well. But the people who are closest to me see the front lines first hand. I try to make up for it by showering them with love and affection. It must work because they all still love me. :)

No update on the surgery front, and I have to admit it is really starting to cheese me (i.e., make me angry). I called my RE last Tuesday to schedule the appt, and he was out until Thursday. So I sat by my stinking phone all day Thursday... waiting for the call... nothing. I called Friday morning to follow up on it... I had to leave a message. At 4:30 in the afternoon I received a call... to tell me they hadn't schedule my surgery yet.

Seriously? You called me to tell me you hadn't scheduled it? Why didn't you just schedule it instead of calling me to tell me you hadn't done it yet? *scratches chin and raises one eyebrow*

I got no phone call again today.

As an infertile, it is my DUTY, nay RIGHT to be impatient. Every day this surgery is postponed could mean that I am yet ANOTHER month away from trying for a pregnancy.

So I have three options:
  1. I can call back again tomorrow morning and leave another insistent message that this get scheduled.
  2. I can find another RE, which I will be honest, I already started looking into today. I called one, filled out paperwork, and am waiting for them to call me back to schedule an appointment.
  3. Get pregnant without fixing the weak spot, as the doctors at Mayo didn't think it would be that big of a deal. They preferred I get it fixed, but said I didn't have to.

RESULTS PEOPLE! THIS WOMAN NEEDS RESULTS NOW! This isn't a game to me. I will give my current RE until end of business tomorrow to schedule and call, or else I am moving onto someone else.

On a very happy note, I am going home for Mother's Day! I haven't been home since last July when my mother had her mastectomy. It has been waaaay too long. I have been so very homesick. I miss my home.

The Race for the Cure for breast cancer happens to be going on the weekend I go home. My mom kind of mentioned she wanted to go while I was telling her I wanted to come home. When she said she didn't want to go alone, I told her I would come home and go with her. She was so excited. I was so excited! So I booked plane tickets!

If all goes according to plan, I will take a picture while I am home that will give you all a hint as to where I grew up. There is a TV show that is being filmed there now, and I plan to take a picture with one of the folks from the show, if I can swing it. I watch that show regularly, and it makes my homesickness more acute. I see the sights of where I spent the first 28 years of my life, and I ache to go home for a bit.

Anyway, that is my update. I will close with a funny story. Yesterday Baby Bean and I were playing on the bed, and we both came toward each other at the same time. *SMACK* She headbutted me on the nose! It hurt so stinking bad! Hubs asked if I was okay and came to check on me first. I told him to leave me and get the baby because she was crying too. It was so funny. Today she has a bruise right in the middle of her forehead, and I have a swollen and slightly bruised nose bridge. Being headbutted by a baby is NO fun! Take note of that.

7 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

You keep calling lady. Until they have you on the books, you keep calling.

Heck, I'll call for you!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Gosh, your RE sounds a bit slack I tell you - if it were me, I would be on the phone to them and wouldn't get off until they scheduled the surgery, they work for you, you know!! Good that you have the back up plan of going to another RE.

Now, I don't know whether you are going to take this out or not when you moderate it but I think that your home is Boulder, Colorado. It is such a pretty place, I really can imagine you there.

Hope you and BB are recovering from your head clash!! My dog did that to me once and boy did it sting!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry it's taking so long to get this surgery scheduled. I totally get the impatience. Anyone in your situation has waited long enough already. I totally get that, and hope you get the call very very soon.

And good for you for taking a break. I love blogging, but at times, it does get overwhelming trying to think of what to write about, trying to give love to those blogs you read. Enjoy your limited blogging. You deserve it. :)

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

you have to do what's best for you...and your family. I think you're doing a remarkable job of keeping it together when the rest of us would be falling to bits.

Thank you for all your love and support. truly.

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

JourneyGirl, you're close, but no cigar. I work with someone from Boulder, and she loves it and gets as homesick as I do. But I'm not from CO. ;)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Unfortunately, this will most likely not be the last time an accidental headbutt happens.

I am so glad you are coming home for Mother's day. I am sure your mom will absolutely love having you around for a few days. I hope she is doing better with all of this.

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Man, that SUCKS about your RE! What the heck? I don't do "pushy patient with a smile" well. I go from nice to bitch in nothing flat. I hope they get with the program because it is time to get this show on the road.

Awesome about your mom!!!
XOXO

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary