- Apparently I am unable to leave thoughtful blog comments unless I am sitting in my bed at night after a shower with my glasses on, or at my computer at work while waiting on things from other people. Anywhere else, under different circumstances, or if one of the above is not present, my brain just cannot fully delve into comment mode.
- I think I may have my cycle days off in regard to getting my positive OPK. I started spotting a few days before AF was due this cycle and took it as AF rearing three days early, when in all reality, it could have just been spotting leading up to the full blown AF. I know I shouldn't be confused, but it is a long story. If this is the case, I am only on CD12, rather than CD15. *phew*
- Baby Bean had a bumper of a week. The little doll likes to bang her head on things like tables or other people's heads. She thinks it is great fun. When she first stared going to the toddler class at daycare, it freaked her teacher out. I told her it was okay and that one day Baby Bean would do it hard enough she wouldn't do it again. I picked her up from daycare on Tuesday with a black eye. Apparently her forehead missed the table, and she smacked her cheekbone instead.
- Today she was walking out to the car so we could go to the store, and she tripped over the front of her shoe, landing on her knees. She has officially had her first knee scrape. Apparently my daughter has a high pain tolerance, as she only cried for less than a minute, and not very loud at that. When I put her in her car seat, I noticed the knee I hadn't checked (because I thought she landed on the other one) was bloody. :( Baby Bean does NOT like bandaides.
- I became an even bigger fan of Cos.tco this week. I was researching dog food and trying to determine if the Sci.ence Di.et I was currently getting was better I.ams. It turns out, both aren't that great. But what did rank above both and rather highly was Cos.tco's Kirk.land Si.gnature. It has better ingredients across the board, and costs $20 for a 40lb bag. I was paying $35 for a 35lb bag. Not only is it better, but my dogs won't need to eat as much of it because there is less filler, saving me even more money while doing something better for my dogs. Who knew?
- In addition to the dog food, Cos.tco sells one of my all-time favorite things in this world to eat. Edamame! Up until last week, I couldn't find any edamame I liked anywhere but P.ei W.ei, and let's face it, I couldn't justify $3 per box from P.ei W.ei each and every time I had a craving, which is A LOT. I decided last week to try the kind they sell at Cos.tco, and I was amazed! It is every bit as good as the stuff at P.ei W.ei and costs around .75 cents for the same amount. I've been pigging out all week.
I am sure I had more to write about, but I can't remember what it was, so I guess I am off to read and comment on other blogs now.






8 Thoughts:
Chelle, thanks for your lovely message on my blog! You have one beautiful blog.. love the colours and the design!! I was reading your story with tears down my cheeks and I really do agree that IF moms make fantastic mamas.. you certainly are one!! Good luck with your operation and for now.. hang in there!! I'll keep reading!! xxx
I love edemame, too. We're going to try to grow some this year... hopefully it works!
We use Purina One brand dog/cat food and noticed a HUGE difference with our pets' health and fur when we switched. It's one of the more expensive ones (like $25-$30 for the 40lb bag, I think), but we love it. I tried to cut costs by mixing it with a cheaper brand of food, and all my cats did was pick around the cheap stuff to eat the good stuff. Even the strays wouldn't eat the cheap stuff!
Okay, I MUST know what edame is. Never heard of it.
Poor girl getting a black eye and a scraped knee. Jason doesn't like bandages either, weird. I am glad you love cos.tco, cause I do as well.
Pigging ou on edamame is a must. Ever since I read about them in Everyday Food and got to find some in Chinatown, I have been addicted. Looove edamame. And Costco. :)
Oh I LOVE Edamame - I will have to check out Costco for that as well!
Sorry to hear Bean's been having a rough week!
ICLW #119
http://lovelyladybump.blogspot.com/
Leah, Edamame is soy beans. I love them best right out of the pod, as opposed to already shelled. All you put on them is a little kosher salt, and then enjoy. It is SOOOO good.
Luckily babies bounce well. My babe only headbutts to kiss you, lol.
Post a Comment