Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Geez

We all know that I am approximately 4.5 months away from being able to start trying to get knocked up again. So why is my inner infertile already doing her best to freak me out? Guess who has been doing OPKs the last two days? That would be me. Why? Because if I don't ovulate this month, I want to be sure to bring that up in my pre-opp appointment. I justify it to myself by saying that if I don't know, and I don't bring it up, Dr. D might not know he should be looking for reasons as to why when he is performing the surgery.

So here are the thoughts my inner infertile is screaming at me right now:
  • "You totally should NOT be drinking frappuchinos again, even if you are going in for an endo cleanout in 5 weeks! Who knows how long it takes that caffeine to manifest itself as endo. Maybe what you are drinking now won't show its face until 3 months down the road. Did you ever think of that?" Consequently, I had my last frapp this morning. :(
  • As an infertile, I am all too aware of keeping an eye on my CM, always looking for that good EWCM. I haven't seen it yet. Not even close. I'm on CD14 tomorrow. "Try not to freak out little one, you ovulated on CD19 before the baby. Maybe you ovulated earlier last month, but maybe this month will be a little later than last month." But then I start to panic and wonder if I remember seeing it last month. If I did, it wasn't much, so maybe I didn't ovulate. Shit!
  • Is EWCM always supposed to gush out, or is it sometimes slow and you have to reach in to find it? (Excuse the boldness on the blog [Mom, if you know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry!].) I didn't start tracking this stuff until after my surgery, so I don't remember what it was like before. I do know after my surgery it was kind of gross because there was so much.
  • Then I think back over the ultrasounds I have had in the past 3 months where a cyst was present on opposite ovaries every month. But according to the RE at May.o, just because there is a cyst, it doesn't mean an egg wasn't released. Sometimes the corpus luteum just doesn't disintegrate properly, and so turns into a cyst.
  • I'm on CD13 and used OPKs tonight and last night. I didn't hold my urine for 4 hours before either test, so maybe that throws things off a bit. Who really knows? There WAS a faint line both nights, and I think tonight's was a tad darker. Initially it brings relief. But then I realize that line may not get darker in the next few days. What if it doesn't? Shit!
  • "Okay, don't panic. Remember how after your lap you had seriously awesome EWCM? Maybe that will happen again after this surgery. Don't start freaking out yet. You can't even try for a baby right now anyway."
  • "You know what? If things aren't working down there and I'm not ovulating, I need to know before my surgery. I need to let Dr. D know."
  • "What if I go through this surgery and I still don't ovulate? Shit! Then I get to start doing treatments again. Please God, no."
  • "f I have to do cycles again, would Dr. D help me, or would I have to find a new RE? I mean, he told me I shouldn't get pregnant again before I met the doctors at May.o. He can straight up tell me he won't cycle me, even though the RE at May.o told me what she would do to treat me if I wasn't ovulating after the surgery. She honestly thinks I will be fine to get pregnant, and I trust her.
  • If Dr. D won't help me, I need to start tracking down a new RE and hope I can find one close by so I won't have to miss a lot of work in driving to and from appointments.
  • I pray that OPK line is a wee bit darker tomorrow, and that my EWCM shows up.
  • Maybe my cycle is still trying to re-regulate after the IUD. Maybe?
  • Why does it matter, I'm not cycling right now anyway.
  • GAH!!!!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Once an infertile, always an infertile....

8 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

Deep breaths lady, you've got this!

I had some panics today too.

Sometimes I really wish we could strangle that inner infertile, just to shut her up!

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

About CM...this was one of those things that used to drive me crazy. I could never figure out where it was and if it was the right kind. UGH!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Oh cripes, those are alot of questions going around in your mind and unfortunately I cannot provide any peace as we never really had a shot of getting pregnant naturally so I don't really know anything about EWCM and such things.

Hmmm, any thoughts to giving some yoga or meditation a try? I definitely found the breathing exercises quite soothing though I am also a big believer in allowing yourself to have your feelings and then moving on - ie. if I am having a panic, I let it go on for while fully experiencing it so I can release and let go.

Unfortunately, I don't think we ever really recover from our experiences of IF however, would we want to? It makes us the grateful, stong people that we are.

Good news on the date for surgery!!

Love and hugs!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

You are so right. Infertility isn't something anyone ever gets over. Sure, we can all go on to get pregnant and have children, but the knowledge and the fear we gain during infertility never goes away. I'm reminded of that daily, and it freaks me out.

I hope you get your positive OPK very soon. :)

Keiko Zoll said... [Reply to comment]

Playing catch up to get to this post - wow, what an incredible journey to get to where you are now! Amazing. I've never had the privilege of experiencing EWCM, but I believe it does gush out a lil bit. I also had no idea that caffeine affects endo! Crazy. And this post is merely reflective of that constant inner monologue that runs through all of our heads in the ALI community. Try to stay sane, and best of luck on your upcoming surgery!

Happy ICLW!
~Miriam (ICLW #62) Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

You are so right...once an infertile. I wonder if there will ever be a day I don't look down when going to the bathroom to examine my cm, and I'm on treatments now anyways so its not like it even matters for me!! I definitely think its great for you to track your body now, so you can go into your next appt with tons of good info. But also, try not to worry yourself too much. I know, so much easier said than done. Here's hoping you see that +opk VERY soon!

Blondie said... [Reply to comment]

Ain't it the truth! It's hard, even during those months "off", to truly take a mental break from TTC! Just read your history on the side of your page -- glad you will get to try again in a couple of months! Lots of luck to you!

Wishing 4 One said... [Reply to comment]

Aren't we IF-ers great? We rock man. This and a host of so many other issues will always be with us, won't it? Everything will work out, i know it will. Hang in there and so thinking of you. Happy iclw too.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary