Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome ICLW!

Hello fellow ICLWers! I am excited to once again take part in this wonderful week of commenting like a mad woman. For the story about my fight against infertility, see the post below, or click this link. It is the Rea.der's Di.gest version of a very long story, which I am sure most of you understand.

For my regular readers, I would like to share some exciting news!

First up, I am sure you all noticed my fabulous blog redesign! Two of my best friends, AD and JM, teamed up to redesign my blog for me. It was their way of showing me how much they loved me. They picked Kelsey from Kreated by Kelsey, who also did Leah's blog a while back, to perform the makeout. They loved her work so much, they chose her to design their lovely gift. When I first saw what Kelsey had worked up for me yesterday, my eyes literally welled up. She had hit the nail on the head, and it was like she knew me well enough to know what I wanted. I had no idea it would turn out so spectacular! In addition to the awesome redesign, she was fantastic to work with, and turned it all around in a matter of a couple days. I'm thinking of having her do my secondary blog too. :)

Thanks AD and JM for the pick-me-up! I love you girls so much!

Secondly, I finally got the call with a date for my surgery! Of course it came about an hour after I scheduled an appointment for this Thursday with another RE in the area. Hubs thinks I should just cancel the latter. I mean, we've technically already had a second, third, and fourth opinion from our visit to Mayo. Either way, the date for surgery has been set for May 28th.

That should give me plenty of time to finish up my huge project at work and tie up my work with a pretty bow. I know, famous last words. The team has been notified of the date, as well as my PM, so if things aren't done before I am off for 3-6 weeks, well, they won't have me to blame!

I am just happy we finally have progress! The ball is officially rolling!

Hmmm... I don't think I used enough exclamation points in this post. Perhaps I have not accurately conveyed my happiness right now. Let me just close with a few more.

Happy ICLW!!!!

10 Thoughts:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

I love, love, LOVE the news look! I think I need a makeover too. Its awesome!!!

Excited to hear that the surgery has been scheduled...exciting times ahead!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Yay for a surgery date. That is wonderful, and gives you something to look forward to and prepare for. :)

Also, I LOVE your blog! I noticed the design as soon as I popped over here, and was thinking, wow, this looks way too professional to be one of those free templates on line. Kelsey does such a great job. :)

mckala7 said... [Reply to comment]

You're welcome Chelle Belle!!! We love you!!! Anything we can do to make it a little easier for you. :)

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Your re-design looks awesome! Love it! And your button! I heart buttons! Of course, already consider it added to my scrolling button widget ;)

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

I am obsessed with the revamp, it looks SO aweseome!! And very excited the surgery has been scheduled, let the countdown begin!!

Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE your new blog look. I've seriously been in the market for a blog makeover so I will have to check it Kelsey.

I feel you exuding happiness and that makes me smile. You deserve it!

Kelsey said... [Reply to comment]

I didn't know that the makeover was a gift! That's so incredibly sweet. I love the way it turned out and look forward to keeping up with your story.

Niki said... [Reply to comment]

I haven't seen your blogs before and after but I love the way it looks.
Sounds like you guys have been through a lot and I am glad you got a second opinion and you are going to get your body repaired so children in the future are now possible.

Good Luck with everything and Happy ICLW! (#70)

Niki

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! I wish you the best with your surgery.

Stopping by for ICLW (#48)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Woo hoo, purdy blog design. Great colors. Great blog, can't wait to read more. I'm your newest follower from IComLeavWe.

-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary