It turns out, that was a wise decision.
I showed up this afternoon to find my file (all .75" of it) on the records desk. They were going to call the receptionist who had released my infertility files from my previous doctor (the one who removed the septum) to me last year because they were confused as to what was released. I cleared that up quickly, then explained what I needed, and asked if they could please expedite it quickly and why. The lady asked if I wanted her to do it right then. I told her that would be awesome. For the next 25 minutes she made copies and then had me go through them to make sure I had what I needed. I didn't, so together we searched through my file to find all of the necessary papers. When all was said and done, I asked her how much I owed her. She smiled and told me not to worry about it and to have a great day.
AWESOME!
I hadn't brought the first half of my medical records to work with me this morning because I didn't think there was a chance I could get the second half today, so before heading back to work, I swung by my house and picked them up. A couple of hours later, after I had had a chance to go through all of them and pull out what I thought the new doctor would need, I faxed them off with a note giving him the back story along with what we had already been told. I told him what we wanted to hear from him, and that if he didn't feel he could do it, to please refer us to someone he thought could. I then thanked him sincerely for his time up front and told him we hoped to see him soon.
I can't tell you how great it feels to make progress on this! It may be slow, but each item I can check off the list feels great. I just want to get this show on the road so I can get to my son already. Yes, I feel the next one will be a boy.
I still can't believe I am in this place. I told Hubs the other day that I naively thought that once I had the surgery three years ago, I would be one of those infertiles who was able to pop out kids after the struggle to the first one. (Can I go back in time and slap myself please?) All things considered, I'm doing really well with it. I've got my current hand of cards open, and I am slowly playing them, hoping I win the jackpot. I just made my move, and now it is God's turn.






6 Thoughts:
Must feel great to have those records sent off! Thinking of you Chelle.
I've always hated when I had to have my medical charts transferred. Always a big pain in the a**. So glad that you got that part out of the way. Good luck to you!
The transfer of medical records is far more excrutiating than it should be! I've gotten to the point where I almost want copies of everything, so I know I have it when I need it!
I swear when it comes to IF, even the smallest of victories feel like a step in the right direction!! So good work taking care of those medical records!!Love your attitude, sometimes you just have to let the cards unfold!
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait to hear what they say!!
I was hoping they wouldn't charge you. We've never charged for medical reasons, only if the records were copied for "personal use". If they would've charged ya, I would've called and given them a piece of my mind. :) Ok, not really, but I wouldn't have been happy. :)
This is great news, Chelle. So happy you are making some progress finally. Hope God makes his move soon. I know what you mean by the first paragraph. I was exactly the same after the first m/c. I just thought that was it and everything would be easy afterwards. Slap me too!! That wasn't meant to sound sexy btw ;)
Post a Comment