Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Latest Update

I called the May.o Clinic today to ask if there was anyway we could do our initial consult with the RE over the phone or find out if we would need to do any testing so we could get it done while we are there on the 9th, but they told me no on all counts. :(

I have to admit I am a little bummed and put off. We are going to spend $1k just to fly out there for a 15 minute consult at this point. I hadn't put the numbers behind it until my husband brought it up, and then I realized that is a big chunk of change.

I guess all we can do is suck it up or not go, and since we want the best, we just have to suck it up. *heavy sigh*

So we will be flying out the morning of the 9th and back the next day. All I can say is I hope it is worth it and that she tells us what we want to hear so I don't have to be upset the trip will cost so much and that she wouldn't even look at my charts before we get there or do the initial consult over the phone.

Other than that my life is crazy insane lately. I am in over my head at work right now. I went on the installation and spent the whole day there yesterday, which I really didn't have time for but did anyway. I want to go back again before the week is over, but that all depends on how much I get done in the office. So between work and all of this IF jazz, I'm lucky I still have my head on.

I owe all of you guys some serious comments, and I am trying to keep up as best I can, but until things slow down at work, I just won't be able to be a 100% blogger. :( Please don't hate me. I still love all of you. I hope all is well with everyone and their cycles, pregnancies, or just daily life. I miss you all sooooo much.

As always, loads of love and hugs!

8 Thoughts:

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck with the appointment- even if it is expensive, if it means you'll be expanding your beautiful family- it'll be worth it! You're in my prayers! :)

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

I'm bummed you have to go instead of a phone consult. I hope you love the doctor and it makes it all worth it.

I have an OB appointment over lunch the day of the 9th, but let me know if you and your family would be up for meeting around dinner time or something. I'd still love to meet you in person if it works for you. :-D

K said... [Reply to comment]

It won't be a loss, even if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to. An answer is an answer, and you will know you tried. (And can try again if you have to.)

XO

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck-I really hope this trip is worth it. Don't worry about the lack of comments, I know you'll be back eventually :)

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I think if you go in person, you'll make more of a connection with them and it might work in your favour later in the process. Are all three of you going?

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I still think it's bogus they won't let you do a phone consult, but that said - maybe it will be a nice little getaway with the hubby! It's always fun to get out of town!

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

That is super frustrating about the trip, but hoping the trip turns out to be worth it!! Hang in there at work, we'll be here when things slow down!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I sent you an e-mail. :) I'm disappointed for you that you can't do a phone consult....frustrating. I hope we get a chance to meet!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary