Happily, I am doing much better today. My husband found airline tickets to MN for HALF as much as I did, so we booked them. It went from $650 to $318 total. :D That helped my attitude a lot. We also discussed what we are and aren't willing to do. Like we aren't willing to go to MN more than twice: once for the consult and once for surgery. So we're hoping if we go that route for surgery and they determine they need more testing, we can either do the testing here or maybe have it done up there in the couple days before surgery.
Also, Nikxy sent me a great email that helped take the sting out of the phone call with the clinic the other day. She told me that they might not be able to do a phone consult or let us know up front what testing we need for legal reasons. Kind of like CYA. So maybe I'm not just a number to this doctor, and maybe she IS compassionate, she just can't help me out in the way I would like right now. To help get me out of the bog, I'm going with that. It gives me back hope. Thanks Nixy for the email. I needed it and appreciate it so much!
Today is gorgeous here. It is supposed to be 72 degrees and sunny all day. My dogs are outside sun bathing instead of locked up in the house to keep them from getting muddy. Baby Bean gets to play on the outside playground at daycare. She LOVES being outside. She is definitely an outdoor girl. I am totally looking forward to this weekend and sleeping in and catching up from daylight savings. It is supposed to rain and get cold again this weekend, but I don't much care. I'm looking forward to spending time with Baby Bean and Hubs.
I hope you are all having a great Friday!






7 Thoughts:
I am glad that you are feeling better about the situation. And so glad that you found tickets half price! Praying that the appointment goes well and that you feel confident with this doctor.
That is AWESOME about the airfare. Hopefully, the trip will be completely worth it and that will seem like mere pennies later on down the road. :)
This cold weather rolling in is making me so sad! This week has been amazing!!! ACK! Oh well, I do suppose it could be worse. At least it isn't snow. Hope you guys have a great one!
so glad that my email helped and that you're feeling better about it.
Have a fabulous weekend and keep us updated!!
Glad you're feeling better sweetie!! And yay for the cheaper tickets!!!
Sorry, I'm so behind on blog commenting. I've been reading all your posts, but just haven't had a chance to sit down and type a comment. I don't even have time right now, but I will make time. =)
Glad to hear that your got your airfare reduced in half. That's awesome. Nixy might be right about the legal issues, although what about Skype? It's too late now to bring it up since you already booked tickets, but I was thinking about that possibility when you posted yesterday (sorry for the delayed suggestion). A video conference using Skype should be enough, but you know how doctors are...so picky. Boo! Lol!
Glad to see you're doing better. *hugs*
Fantastic news about the plane tickets, Chelle! I am glad you are feeling more positive about this now. I have to agree about the legal reasons thing. I have had phone consults with doctors at times before, but only when I was *already* a patient, if that makes sense. I am hoping and praying for you that you get some progress on this. I loved your post with the pics of Baby Bean btw-sorry I didnt comment.
Take care :)
Very glad you are feeling better, love - you have been through the wringer!! Great news that your doc sent you the email, sounds like she is on the ball and also nice!
Post a Comment