Today I was at lunch with two of my best friends, and one of them ordered a Co.ke. It looked so good, but I have sworn off caffeine since I had my surgery in 2007 that positively diagnosed me with endometriosis and subsequently found out that caffeine contributes to its growth. The thing that still makes me sad to this day was I had a brand new 12 pack of frappuchinos (sorry mom and dad) sitting on my office floor when I found that out. I looked longingly at them and we had a moment to say our goodbyes. I then gave them all to a very grateful and excited coworker. Since that day, I can count the number of caffeinated beverages I've had on both hands.
I sat there looking at her drink, wishing I could just take a swig. Then it hit me, I'm about to have another endo clean out in the next couple of months. Dang that Co.ke looked good! So what did I do? I ordered one! I then said to my friends that since I was going to have another clean out, I was going to drink all the caffeine I wanted in the mean time! They both applauded, and one suggested we hit Sta.rbucks on our way back to work.
I am now sipping a CAFFEINATED Carmel frappuchino.
Oh mi amour, how I have missed you!
See, the news about my endo being back isn't ALL bad. ;)
11 Thoughts:
Good for you Michelle! You deserve to enjoy life's finest things. . . and caffeine is definitely one of those things. :-D
Yay!! I'm so happy you had some caffeine. :) I agree with Leah...definitely deserved. :)
Good for you! Seems to make perfect sense. :)
HAHAHAHA! Looking on the bright side in the darkest of situations. God love you, girl! =)
xoxo
Hahha! Love it! Sometimes it's the little things. Treat yourself, Chelle!
Lol! Enjoy all the future Star.bucks!
Wicked woman......lol
How wonderful! Good for you! I LOVE co.ke!
This put a huge smile on my face. ;)
Here's to turning lemons into lemonade...er...caffinated beverages.
Way to see the bright side! I bet you were just flying high after that one though!
Good girl! It is so much fun to spoil yourself when you really need it.
Post a Comment