Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Making Lemonade Out of Lemons

Over the weekend I was blessed with the "Making Lemonade Out of Lemons" award by my very sweet and dear bloggy friend, Tammy at Tammy's Journey. Tammy has become very dear to my heart over the past year. She and her husband have struggled to become parents. They are about to embark on their first IVF cycle with donor embryos. I hope that the doctor at the May.o Clinic can help me if for no other reason than that she lives near there and I would get to meet her in person. Her blog is so sweet and sincere. If you don't already know her, which I know most of you do, I recommend getting to know her.


The rules of this award are:
  1. Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
  3. Link the nominees within your post.
  4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

I don't think I will be able to nominate 10 people, and it isn't because I can't find 10, so much as it is already past my bed time and I will be going on an installation tomorrow, so I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed.

The bloggers who stick out the most to me when it comes to this topic are:

  1. Journey Girl, from Donor Eggs Journey - If anyone deserves this award, its her. She has been through so much to achieve her dream of parenthood and she never gave up. She went to Thailand for donor eggs and an IVF cycle that were successful. She is currently in her second trimester and just found out they are having a boy! She is amazing and strong beyond words.
  2. Leah, from Life According to Leah - Again, a woman very deserving of this award. After two failed IVF cycles she and her husband moved onto international adoption. Shortly after being approved, they got pregnant on their own. They are still moving forward with the adoption and are looking forward to having two very wanted children in their home.
  3. Marla, From Marla'z Austin Journey - This girl always has a positive and upbeat attitude. Her posts always make me laugh. Even when life upsets her or throws her a curve ball, she is back on her feet before the beginning of the next sentence.
  4. Single Infertile Female - This gal lays all of her cards out on the table and makes the best of what life has handed her. After getting less than awesome news, she was told to have babies soon or not at all. So even though she is single, she is embarking on motherhood so that she will not have to give up the dream of being a mother. She is tough as nails and hilarious to boot.
  5. Justine, from Adventures in Dukeville - If there is anyone who has seen their life shattered into a million pieces and picked them all back up to make a better life for herself, its this woman. She is incredibly brave and strong, and she doesn't accept what people tell her she can and can't do. She is simply amazing.

Sorry to not spread more love, but as I said, it is now WAY past my bedtime. I hope that those of you have been awarded are the type to pass on the love, if not, no biggie. Just know that I love you enough to let you know.

Night folks!

5 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I love it! I love you! And you're right: amusingly ironic tonight! Thank you so much!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks so much for the award. I really like this award because I truly think so much positivity can come out of super crappy situations. :-D

And now I have to go check out Tammy's blog. I live near Mayo too, so I'm imagining if you do come up here, we'll have a big blog friend get together. I can just see it now. :-D

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

When I first saw this award in the blogosphere, I says to myself, Now, if anyone awards me that, they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I guess the bottom is in sight. ;) Then again, my blog tends to relay the bright moments and not dwell on the dark side (too much) - only the hubs gets to hear that. Lucky him! Thanks for the award. =)

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

Marla, I was FAR from scraping the bottom of the barrel. I can't count the number of times you have made me out right laugh in your blog posts. I really feel you earned this award. :)

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, you're too sweet for words! Thank you sweetie for your sweet words!

And Leah came over to my blog!! Sooo cool! My brother and SIL are also adopting from Ethiopia which is really cool! It's such a small world. :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary