Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finding Hope

Thank you to everyone who helped suggest clinics and doctors to check out. I called the Ma.yo Clinic on Friday, and hopefully I will have some good news in the next week or so. I spent a lot of time on hold as the nurses consulted with the doctors there about my case, which I totally didn't mind. In the end they decided the best thing was to fax over my records and one of the doctors there is going to look over it and call me to let me know if he can help us out.

I really appreciated the fact that they are willing to review my history before telling me to fly on out for a consult. The nurse apologized for my being on hold for so long and explained it was because my case isn't something they run across very often... ahem, ever. I told her I didn't mind at all, and that I appreciated their help.

So right now, I just need to get my records released from my current doctor so I can get them sent over. If this time is anything like last time, I may be waiting a week or more for them, which is admittedly a little frustrating. Time is wasting away and there isn't much I can do about it. Perhaps I can ask one of the nurses to expedite my records. Although I think the wait would be more frustrating if I didn't already have an appointment with a specialist here on the 23rd.

The only thing that sucks about my appointment here is that I already know what he is going to tell us. I don't think his story will change much from the information he already relayed to us through my OB. I might, but I'm not holding my breath.

I intend to write a letter to the doctor at the Ma.yo Clinic and tell him what we are hoping he can do for us, which is to repair the rupture and leave as little scar tissue as possible, and also prevent embies from implanting into the scar tissue. With all of the medical technology these days, you can't tell me they can't put something over that scar tissue to keep an egg from implanting there.

As of right now, that is where everything stands. Waiting on getting my records faxed over to the new doctor and hoping he can help us. In the mean time, I need to relearn my infertile patience. Sorry I don't have more exciting news.

P.S. I am so very behind on blogs again. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I need and want to do. My work has been suffering with all of this infertility upset, and it didn't escape the notice of my PM. I hope to get caught up with everyone again soon!

6 Thoughts:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

I've been so bad about commenting, I am so sorry.

I have to admit, you've got me a bit freaked out because when they took Nolie via c-section the doctor commented that my uterus was so thin that he could see through it. He specifically said that I COULD get pegnant again, I just was not allowed to attempt another vaginal birth. Hmmm.

I sure hope you guys get this sorted out soon. Thinking of you guys. ((hugs))

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Patience is most assuredly one of my life lessons that I need to learn and I find it very difficult sometimes.

I hope that the waiting gets easier and it is really good that you are following up everything you possible can and you're right, with all this technology, surely they can do something!!

All the best!!

P.S. you were right, it's a boy!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

If you do go to Mayo, you'll have to look me up as I'm in the area. I actually used to work there. It's a great place, and I'd love to meet you in person. :-D

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Oh YAY!! I'm so happy you called them! That's awesome! I can't wait to hear how it goes and if you do come we are soooooo going to get together. :)

With the release of your records, I used to work in release of information for our hospital and we had to get the records out in 48 hours. I don't know if that was a clinic policy or the "law", but something to think about. We used to get records out to people the fastest if they said they needed them by a certain date or needed them as soon as possible, etc., although a lot of people needed them "asap", so if you tell them you need the records in 2 days, they will be more likely to get them to you in that timeframe I would think. :)

I hope you get them as soon as you can!!

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear more!!

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

So much love coming your way lady! It is really nice that so many clinics will do phone consults. We don't have any RE's up here, and I would have hated to have to go to Seattle for every single consult. That would have added up fast. Good luck, and I'm thinking of you!

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

I really hope you get your records soon and get this train a-moving!!
Good luck with it all sweetie and don't you worry for a minute about commenting. We will always be friends! I'm mostly posting my comments on here at the moment, hope you don't mind!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary