Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cr-ap

So you know how I got my initial appointment all booked with the May.o Clinic? Well Friday night I was all excited to get home and start booking plane tickets and hotel rooms when my husband remembers our neighbor and good friend is getting married the next day.

Shiiiiiizzzz.

I told him surely he would understand why we weren't there, but Hubs says I need to move my appointment back to the next week. He says I've waited this long, what's another week?

Ummm... IT'S ANOTHER WEEK! I wanna get this ball rolling NOW!

I might see if I can still talk him into going on the 2th because Leah reminded me that the 2th is Good Friday, which means I will already have work off, which means I won't have to use vacation hours, which we could use another time to go on vacation like Hubs has been talking about.

Surely our neighbor will understand. Plus that is two heads they no longer have to feed and pay for.

Grrr. Why isn't anything ever easy? Where did I put my damn Easy button? Has anyone seen it?

P.S. I wrote this blog at almost midnight while under the influence of cough syrup with co.dine. :D (In other words, don't judge me.)

***UPDATE***

Hubs brought up a good point tonight. He said he would be pretty upset if we fly clear out to the clinic for a 15 minute consult. He wants me to call the doctor tomorrow and have her call me back to discuss what this appointment will be for, if it is worth our time to fly out, and if we will be having any additional testing done at that time. If the latter is yes, then we need to determine how many days we will need to stay out there.

God bless the man, for he is my sanity and sense when my overly-excited brain doesn't work right.

5 Thoughts:

null said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck with scheduling as you know its worth it in the end.

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

Can't they do an initial consult over the phone? Since my clinic is in Seattle and I'm here, I've had literally all my consults over the phone so far. I won't even actually see them until it is time for retrieval.

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

I called this morning and left a message for the doctor's nurse telling her the situation about not wanting to fly out there for a 15 minute conusult. Now I'm waiting for them to call me back. *sigh*

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the clinck calls soon and lets you know what all to expect during the first visit. I also hope you can get the days worked out where you can do both the wedding and a visit to that dr. I haven't seen your easy button and if I did I don't know if I could give it back (wink wink).

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you got some answers! Hopefully they understand your situation. Keep us posted!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary