This post is only going to talk about the party. I will go into the mooshy "1 year ago today" stuff on her actual birthday. Further, this post contains pictures that are a teaser for the upcoming slide show that will appear on Baby Bean's actual first birthday. :)
Thursday night my parent's flight got in an hour late due to some very heavy rain and thunder and lightening storms. By the time I got to the airport to meet them, I looked like a drowned rat. I was so happy to see them, and I couldn't wait for them to see how much Baby Bean had grown since she last saw them. It was a wonderful reunion.
Friday my parents and I went to the store to buy birthday presents and food for the party the next day. Before we knew it, it was Saturday morning. The house was all decorated, and the food prep was under way. One of my best friends came over a couple hours before the party to help me get everything ready, as well as take some pre-party photos. Here's a little sneak peak.
My best friend took over 950 photos that day, and I can tell you she got some FANTASTIC shots. I can't toot her horn enough. I was so glad she was there and able to catch all of the precious moments while I kept everyone entertained and the party going.
Noon rolled around, and the guests started trickling in. Before I knew it, my house will filled with love, laughter, friendship, excitement, happiness, and every other positive emotion that can be felt on such a special day. Fun was had by all, and I felt so very blessed to have so many people who are very near and dear to me under my roof at the same time. I was so humbled and happy to have everyone there. Even better, I had three of my four best friends there at the same time. They all got to meet each other, and I can't tell you how wonderful that felt.
Baby Bean was an absolute angel the whole day. I wondered if all of the excitement would be too much for her, but she handled it all like a champ. She played well with the other children and was pretty much all smiles all day. She knew everyone there, so I think that made it easier.
Of course, I bought a special party dress for her big day. This is just one of my favorite shots.
The child was spoiled like a princess with presents. She received so many wonderful heartfelt gifts. I was very touched at the thought, love, and care that went into each one. The day was truly special and everything I hoped and imagined it would be, if not better.
Thank you to all of my friends and family for sharing in such a momentous day in my little family's lives. It meant so very much to me, and I am glad I was able to share it with you.






9 Thoughts:
Aww I am so glad you had a good time! I love all the photos, but the first one is especially cute!
It sounds like baby bean had a wonderful first birthday. YAY! And I LOVE her party dress. Gosh - You have one cute little girl.
It sounds like it was the perfect day. :-D
Thank you for sharing Baby Bean's day with us. There aren't a lot of pregnancy/parenting blogs I can read (I think yours might be the only one, actually), but this touched my heart. Hearing the joy in your day just reminded me what I'm fighting this fight for, and for that, I can't thank you enough.
Happy Birthday, Baby Bean! ♥
She's a cutie, that's for sure!
K, I am very touched by your comment. You are very sweet. I can promise you, the reward is worth the battle. I hope that your turn is fast approaching. I can't wait to share in your special days too.
Happy birthday to your little cutie! She's adorable :-)
She looks pretty in her party dress. I am glad she had so many friends and family there with her to celebrate her birthday.
Sounds like the party went great and I hope you got to enjoy every minute with your family, that is great that they got to be there!!
Gosh, just catching up on my reading and I see Baby Bean's birthday has come and gone - it looks like you had a wonderful, wonderful day and she looked absolutely gorgeous in her party dress.
Happy Birthday Baby Bean!!
Post a Comment