Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Keep It Comin'

Before I get into the meat of this post, I just want to say I am really sorry, but I am soooo behind on my blog reading/commenting. I just can't keep up with everything else that is going on right now. I'm trying, but I follow about 50 blogs between this blog and my other one. Know that I do care, and I'm trying!

So remember how last week I was frustrated beyond all get out with Baby Bean constantly picking up crap from daycare (not with the baby, but with the daycare)? Well, multiply that by 100 times today. Only this time I don't have the energy to be upset. Why? Because I am sick myself now too, and in addition to that, I am seriously run down from all of it coupled with the continual stress. I have been running on autopilot since Friday. 100% autopilot.

I took Baby Bean to her followup appointment this morning and I did not get good news. In fact, I got worse news. Not only is her RSV not any better, but it looks like she will be on breathing treatments for another month or so. I hate breathing treatments! Baby Bean has accepted them as part of her routine along with watching Yo Ga.bba Ga.bba and is usually really good about sitting through them. But the second-hand vapors I get make me sick. They dry up my throat, congest my ears and make them ring, and make me feel icky afterward. I can't imagine what they are doing to her! I was told I was lucky she hadn't been hospitalized last week.

After that bad news, I got more bad news. Her ear infection is not only NOT better, it has spread to the other ear as well. I already knew this though, as she has been digging at them all week. I asked if she would need tubes because she has had constant ear infections. In looking at her charts, her doctor discovered she has had a constant ear infection since early November. He gave me a referral to an ear, nose, and throat doctor and told me not to waste time getting her in because she is in the speech development phase and wasting time could mean speech delays. We're going to the ENT on Thursday now.

Added to all of this, Baby Bean got rotavirus over the weekend. She woke up screaming at 4 am Saturday morning because her pjs will filled from toe to neck with diarrhea. Saturday was spent trying to keep her from blowing out of her diapers, which meant trying to keep her standing as much as possible, since we never knew when things were going to hit.

Today, I am exhausted. Hubs is sick, and I'm sick. I took two naps yesterday and had zero problem falling asleep last night. I did have a hard time waking up this morning, and was so out of it I forgot to give the baby her medicine and grab her nebulizer before we left the house. I feel like total garbage.

There is a silver lining for today though. I sent my PM at work an email letting him know the situation. Within seconds of hitting the "Send" button, he called me into his office. I asked right away if I was in trouble. He laughed and told me no. He then told me he understood what I was going through and to not worry about anything. He could tell I was frazzled, and he wanted to let me know he was here for me. I almost cried. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again, I love working for that man.

So that is where my life stands - sick and stressed, wishing I had maxed my flex spending account.

It WILL get better. It WILL!

P.S. I follow 42 blogs on this blog alone and 18 on my other! Phew! Either I'm crazy or all of you are fantastic women. I'm going with the latter.

9 Thoughts:

AL said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so sorry. What a terrible weekend. Poor baby bean and I feel horrible that you're sick too. I'm glad your boss has been so understanding and accommodating through this. I hope your whole family feels better very soon! Don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

DenosClan said... [Reply to comment]

That is terrible to hear about your little girl. I hope she will start to improve soon. She sounds like a little trooper through it all. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon too!

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

I'm exhausted just by reading your post! Lol! Hope it gets better soon!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

me too.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Oh no! Focus on getting your little family better and forget about the blogs for now.

When you say 'tubes' I am assuming that means grommets? My nephew (now 20 years old) had them, and the worst part was keeping him out of water, the actual grommets didnt bother him one little bit.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Ugh, you poor thing. I hope you are all better soon!!!! Praying for you!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Oh man that sucks. I hope everyone feels better soon. I wish I was closer so I could help more. I am so glad you got this job.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, how I wish I was your neighbor and could somehow help you out! Wow. You poor thing!

I hope everyone feels better soon. I'm thinking of you!!

(((HUGS)))

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

I am wretched about keeping up with blogs right now, too. Don't you feel bad you have a LOT of other important stuff going on right now!

I am so sad for your little baby bean and all the sickness she's been fighting. Just hearing about daycare and all those sick kids stresses me out big time! We have plans on putting L in one in the fall and I am so worried about her getting sick all of the time since she's never really been sick yet! I hope that the bean starts feeling better soon! Awesome that your employer is so understanding, it helps to work for people who have kids, right?
*hugs*

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary