Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hooray!

It is that time of the month again, ICLW! I will admit that the last two rounds of ICLW I wasn't a very good blog roll reader due to the holidays, but I have vowed to read as many blogs as possible, while hopefully making a couple new friends along the way.

For those of you visiting for ICLW, welcome! If you're interested in reading about my journey through infertility, you can read all about that here. But if you want the Read.ers Di.gest version, here it is. Hubs and I embarked on the Infertility Roller coaster back in 2006. After almost two years of treatments I underwent a laparoscopy that revealed I had moderate endometriosis, PCOS, and a uterine septum. The endo was removed, ovarian drilling was performed to alleviate the PCOS, and the septum was removed. Less than 7 months later, we were pregnant on our own.

The day my daughter was born, I learned that her placenta had attached to the scar tissue from my septum removal and had made its way through the uterine muscle and had poked a hole to the outside world of the uterus. Before this day, and all during our IF journey, Hubs and I said we would get our children in as close together as possible to keep from having to go through IF hell again. The chances of IF hell are high, as my endo is moderate and will come back. When we learned of the rupture our plans to not wait more than a few months to start trying again were tossed out the window. To read more about that, see this post.

Long story short, we had to wait at least a year before we were even allowed to think about getting pregnant again, and I had an IUD placed as our form of birth control. I am now a mere two weeks away from having said IUD removed and getting back into the TTC saddle. We have some major battles ahead of us on this journey that make it harder and riskier than before (if you're interested, see the post directly above this paragraph to learn why).

By the time ICLW rolls around again in February, I will officially be back in the TTC game. I'm excited, but also leery due to our previous experience and the knowledge of what we are facing this time around. Feel free to follow along with us on our journey.

Thanks for stopping by and happy ICLW!

13 Thoughts:

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. . . Just two weeks until removal. I wish you and your hubby the best of luck in getting back into the TTC saddle again. :-D

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Oh I will be with you on your new adventure, Chelle - just try and stop me!!

All the best and happy ICLW (don't you just love this time of the month!!)

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Whenever I hear your story, I'm simply amazed by your strength girl. I really hope TTC #2 comes easy for you guys...you definitely deserve it. (((HUGS)))

[cre] said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Chelle!
You're a fellow trumpet player! How cool :) I played so many diff't instruments for certain reasons! I picked up the saxophone when I had braces b/c it hurt less than pressing on the trumpet mouthpiece. Then I started the French Horn when I got into Symphonic Band (it was more fun than the trumpet) and I kept the trumpet around for jazz and pep bands! I just like to mix it up, I guess :)

Good luck with your upcoming journey, I know you will be going through a lot but it sounds like you are mentally ready and I think that's really important. You sound like a really strong person. I look forward to reading more about you! I'll be following ;-)
ICLW Hugs!

Rach said... [Reply to comment]

oOoOo how exciting getting back into the ttc saddle so to speak. Congratulations on your daughter, you must be so proud.

ICLW
Rach
www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

[cre] said... [Reply to comment]

That is TOO funny! I've never had a lot of girlfriends - I just don't get along with women very well! It's been a while since I've ran into another trumpet player - especially a female. :)

I was better on my French Horn than my trumpet, actually. I participated in state competition as a soloist and actually got 1st place in the state of Alaska my senior year! I was always "2nd best" on my trumpet. #1 just drove me nuts - he was so cocky! Everyone said we fought like a married couple :) :)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I hope things go well.

cheryllookingforward said... [Reply to comment]

I hope your next two weeks are so fast! I'm sending you some good wishes for TTC again and a great pregnancy - good luck!

daega99 said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, you're so close! Your journey has been amazing! All the best with this next stage.

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Leslie said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am so happy that you were blessed with your daughter after going through so much. It gives me a lot of hope to hear graduate stories. I wish you the best as you start TTC #2 and hopefully your 2nd blessing will be right around the corner.

junebug said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. That has been quite a journey. I hope this next TTC will be short and go straight into a BFP.
ICLW

Christina said... [Reply to comment]

best of luck to you during the upcoming cycle! i, too, have pcos and had a septum removed.

your baby is gorgeous!!

Christina
the subfertile frugalista
iclw

Dana said... [Reply to comment]

wow someone else with a uterine septum! I am having surgery on mine (the 2nd one actually) on Friday. Also have PCOS but I have no idea was ovarian drilling is! Sorry your little one is getting tubes but they will surely help!
ICLW

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary