Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I am not and never was a person big on resolutions. I never saw the point. Why put off doing what you can start doing now? I found that putting it off made it a lot less likely to happen. With that in mind, there are many things I wish for the new year.

The first is to lose the infertility weight that has been plaguing me since 2006. Granted, I got a 9 month break in 2008, but that break was up 11 months ago. My work has put a few things in place to help me with this goal. The first is that they are bringing We.ight Wa.tchers to my office. When I first read the email asking if anyone was interested, I immediately hit the 'Yes!' button. The next thing they are doing to assist me on my journey is to bring in a yoga instructor for 6 weeks every Wednesday at lunch time for $30. I'm all over that! On top of those goodies, I finally got a Wi.i for Christmas this year, and went and bought myself the Wi.i fit two days ago. Now I just need to rid my house of chocolate! We have chocolate coming out our ears over here. Maybe I'll take a picture so you can gape at how much chocolate is in my house right now.

The next and biggest goal for 2010 is to get pregnant again! I am down to just over a month before my IUD removal, and believe me, I am gearing up! I got 7 free OPKs and 3 free PG tests from that Sac.red He.art deal a while back, I got 5 pg tests from the dollar store, I have a tube of OPKs just itching to be used, and I bought some fertility vitamins that came with 3 free pg tests and 10 free OPKs. I am ready to go to battle!

Other than that, I just want this new year to be a good one. I am looking forward to everything the next 365 days has to offer. I hope to be able to look back at 2010 next year and think to myself what a wonderful year it has been.

I pray that 2010 treats all of you well. That this is your year to shine, and the year that God shines down on you. Here's to a new year!

9 Thoughts:

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Wonderful sentiments! I wish the same for you!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you have many wonderful goals for the year. I hope that your TTC in 2010 is easy and fast. :-D

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

Another baby?! That would be SO beautiful! Best of luck in 2010!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Me neither. Good luck!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Happy new year Chelle!

I'm home safe and running to the supermarket for groceries lol.

Sue said... [Reply to comment]

Chelle it looks like you have everything covered for 2010, you are definitaly all over the weight issue and completely covered with the bubba making project. Can't wait to see a new ticker being made ;)

Thanks also for bringing to my attention to Journey Girl as I originally thought she must have been from the USA but to find someone close to me going though such an amazing journey has turned me onto a new option and I wouldn't have found it without your help. Thanks for that ;)

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Happy New Year!

Yoga over lunch sounds like a great idea, v. cool that your work has these initiatives in place. And I love the Wii fit!

I hope you get your wish in 2010 of baby number 2! Will be here to support you along the way.

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you definitely have some great things to look forward to this year! The work situation is awesome. I am a big fan of weight watchers, I think it is a marvelous program! You'll have to tell us what you think of the Wii Fit. We played it at a party once, but it was more a situation where everyone was drinking and being silly than a serious type deal!

mckala7 said... [Reply to comment]

U r the only one I know who's New Year's res is to lose weight and gain weight (preggers) in the same year. U go girl!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary