Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

*Phew!*

***Disclaimer - I am on three different kinds of allergy medications right now and may be a bit loopy in this post. It might be very scatterbrained. If it is, please just smile and nod - STUPID ALLERGIES!!!***

For the first time since the day my daughter was conceived, I got a positive OPK tonight!

*doing happy dance; throwing streamers at a party in my head*

For the last 23 months, I wondered if I would ever see one of those little fellas again.

Would everything still work after the pregnancy? Oh, never mind, I get to go on birth control. I tried to squeeze in OPKs in the two months before the IUD was placed, but I never got a positive. So I spent the 6 months with my IUD in freaking out and wondering if I would still ovulate on my own, or if I would have to undergo treatments again.

The IUD came out two months ago, and I didn't bother using OPKs that first month because I was pretty sure I wouldn't ovulate. I did, however, use them last month and never got a positive one. Instead I got an early visitor. As a result, and as you all know, I spent the last week or so worrying (i.e., freaking out) that I wouldn't get one and that my surgery next month was going to have to include some kind of repair to get me to ovulate on my own again.

Well, last night I got that lovely EWCM I have been waiting for (after a neg OPK). I did a happy dance. "I'm fertile!" Since the OPK I did before the appearance of EWCM was neg, I tried again later that night. Still neg.

But tonight, my friends, tonight I got what I have been waiting 23 months to confirm:

I OVULATED!!!

I have two beautiful positive OPKs sitting on the back of my toilet right now. I can't bring myself to toss them just yet because they stand as a beacon to me that my body is still working and doing its thing. To an infertile who didn't ovulate before surgery, this is a huge milestone. A heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

After 23 months, we have lift off. Positively, absolutely have had an egg release. And you know what? I know approximately when it happened today because I felt the ovulation pains.

Right now there is an egg floating in my fallopian tube. It sucks that it won't be fertilized. But I am glad that I know it is there, paving the way for the eggs that will come in the next three months.

My sanity can return to its normally scheduled programming now.

10 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

Hooray for the Big O! That is awesome news!!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! Seriously, I know the elation you are speaking about. There is just something SO wonderful in knowing that our bodies are working properly. Congrats on your positive OPK. :)

Kakunaa said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats that you are O'ing! Here from ICLW. Good luck on your surgery and getting things rolling again :)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I can't help but to smile when I read this. I'm so glad you have that stress off your shoulders. It's awesome that you know your body so well.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Whoo Hoo! Congrats. I'm still waiting to ovulate but this is sooo exciting.

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jill said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! :) Congrats! My hubby never understood why I kept my OPK tests laying around when I got a positive. It only ever happened twice and like you said, it is confirmation that maybe just maybe your body can do something right! He just thought it was gross because I peed on it!

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Hooray!!! Ovulation is the great unheard of over here with me, so I TRULY appreciate how amazing and special it is! Great news!
xoxo

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

That is such great news, WOOHOO!!!! What a relief, so happy everything is still working!! And surgery in less than 30 days now!!!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Huzzah!! Lots of positives coming your way recently so it is just a matter of time before you have your op, get another positive opk, BD to your hearts content and be a basketball again!!! That is great news, hope the allergies are getting better!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary