Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Hardest Part

The hardest part about my current situation is that I want to say, "Screw the surgery, let's get pregnant now!" Perhaps I feel that way because I am ready to ovulate any minute, or perhaps it is the little niggling feeling I have that the longer I wait to start trying again, the longer it will take.

The thought that makes all of this even harder is Dr's Jensen and Rose didn't see anything wrong with my getting pregnant even with that weak spot. It might bump up my risk of rupture a percentage point or two, but they thought it would be just fine.

When I told Hubs I was thinking about not waiting for the surgery, he was NOT happy about the idea. He said I might as well ask him to "off" me. He was still a no-go after I reminded him about what the May.o doctors said.

Like I said, I might feel so strongly right now because O is just around the corner, and I am sure it is throwing my hormones for a loop. It doesn't help when I realize I am still 4+ months away from even trying again.

I guess I will just try to curb the feelings for a couple more days and see if they go away after I get my positive OPK.

You know, trying NOT to get pregnant when you're an infertile really sucks!

8 Thoughts:

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

It does suck! I remember feeling a similar way when going through IVF. The doctors wanted me to go on birth control for a month first! What??? Birth control while trying to conceive? Sounds like a sick joke!

Thinking of you Michelle. Waiting must be so hard right now, and I hope you are able to find some peace during this wait.

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

Don't worry- four months will go by fast! Just think about how quickly your peanut has grown! You are a fantastic mommy- devote the next four months just to spending time with her. When you get back on the fertility wagon, you'll be exhausted and overwhelmed. It'll be worth it in the long run- you can do it!

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

UGH. My heart aches for you. Truly. Aches. I wish there was more I could say or do, but there's not---but I'm here supporting you 100000000%

Ceejay said... [Reply to comment]

Four months will be over before you know it. But that is a really sucky situation. My husband has brought up the idea a couple of times that we might need to delay trying for a month or something, because the due date if we got pregnant that month would be bad for whatever reason. It hurts me to even think about that possibility, so I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of you sweetie. Hope it goes by so fast for you. (((HUGS)))

tomi said... [Reply to comment]

(((hugs)))

*iclw

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

The waiting sucks balls big time. I remember thinking that all I did in my life is freaking wait and it drove me to distraction. The good thing is that it is not long to your surgery - maybe just focus on getting over that hurdle first, then once have recovered, it won't seem so long!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Do what is best for you and your family. I am sure it is hard to try not to get pregnant when you want to be pregnant so badly and when you have had a hard time in the past getting pregnant.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary