Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, April 12, 2010

BUMMER!

After a little footwork on my part today, I have found that Mayo is not in-network for my insurance. I am seriously bummed about that, but at the same time, it all works out just fine. I won't have to pay for plane tickets, hotel rooms, transportation, or meals now. I can convalesce at home after the surgery and be near my family, friends, and pets. I won't have to get through airport security and on a plane with a new incision across my belly. So while it is a bummer Dr. Jensen won't perform the surgery, it works out as far as cost savings and ease of recovery.

I called my RE here and left a message for him a bit ago, telling him I was excited to share the great news we got on Friday. I don't think he meant to be bleak as much as he meant to be cautious. I think he is looking forward to the information I will be giving him when he calls back.

Up next, schedule the surgery!

7 Thoughts:

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

My thoughts are so with you...xoxox

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the surgery goes well when you have it. I hope your RE is excited for you when he hears what you found out.

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Well, the good thing is that your decision on who to do the surgery was just made easier. :) And it sounds like your current Dr. is the surgery expert, so I think this is all really good. :-D

On the downside, no more MN for you. I guess I'll just have to find a reason to come to Texas. :)

Jill said... [Reply to comment]

Does your insurance have an annual out of pocket maximum? If so, you may reach it regardless of where you have the surgery. If Mayo is covered but out of your primary network it may not matter. For instance, with my insurance I get 80% of hospital stuff paid for in-network. I only get 60% out of network. But once I have totaled $3000 in a year (any deductible, my 20% or 40%, and co-pays together) everything is covered 100% regardless of where I am being treated. If some surgery would cost more than $15000 it wouldn't matter if it wasn't in network, as long as it was in my extended network. The cost to me would work out the same. Sorry if you already considered that!

Jill said... [Reply to comment]

P.S. I just did a quick search and even though I live in Phoenix, your doctor at Mayo would be covered by my insurance, even though out of network. So I know the max it would cost me would be $3000 and that would cost no more than anywhere else if the total bill was expected to be >$15,000. (Except travel expenses of course)

KLTTX said... [Reply to comment]

Hi. I am here from Leah's blog. I too struggled with secondary infertility after primary infertility (I have a wonky uterus too). We live in DFW.

Congratulations on your news from Mayo. It sounds very promising.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I've been thinking about you soooo much and had to come on and check out an update as soon as we got home.

YAAAAAYY!! I'm sooo flippping happy for you sweetie!! I'm so glad you got good news!!!!

I'm just bummed you won't be coming back to Mayo. :( I would LOVE the chance to meet you!!!

Thanks for the shoutout on Friday, too, sweetie! You're so sweet!!

I'm sooo happy for you sweetie!!

I hope you and Leah had fun!! wish I could have been there. (((HUGS)))

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary