Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Waiting

I should be working right now, by my parent's flight is in the air, making its way speedily toward me, and I can't focus on anything other than going to get them. I am so excited!

It is raining like crazy here, which I hate, because when it rains like this, the streets flood. Even though they have drains everywhere, it seems like the drains can't keep up. I have never disliked rain until I moved here and learned what REAL rain is. Honestly, when I hear it pouring like this, it kind of makes me panic a bit. I'm not a fan of hydroplaning or people who slam on their breaks and expect me to be able to stop on a dime on wet roads.

One of my favorite coworkers is quitting, and his farewell party is tonight. My coworkers want me to go, but I have to go get Baby Bean and get to the airport. When my parent's flight got delayed, I contemplated going to the party... until it started down pouring and I realized getting out of the party into traffic was going to be heinous. So I guess I'll go get the baby and slowly make my way to the airport in the rain and traffic. Why can't I have my cake and eat it too?

I probably won't update the blog again this weekend, but I'll try. Baby Bean's birthday bash is this weekend, so I will try to post up some pictures.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I will be thinking about many of you and sending well wishes, love, and hugs even in my absence.

Only one more hour....

P.S. The ever wonderful Mel from Stirrup Queens was on TV talking about infertility and our lovely blogs. Check it out!

3 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Oh dont worry about us, you take this time with your family and make the most of it! Have an awesome weekend!!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! I am so excited for you to be able to see your parents. I hope you got there and back safely.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you have a really good weekend with your family!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary