Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Rarity

For the first time in two years, I went to the optometrist to have my eyes checked to see if my conact prescription has changed. I hadn't been since a few days before I found out I was pregnant with Baby Bean back in 2008. The funny thing about that appointment was the last place I had my eyes checked was so gungy I thought that if I was feeling sick the next day it was because I picked up a bug from there. The next day I went home from work with dizzy spells and a spearmint taste in my mouth... it was my set of pregnancy symptoms.

So this time when I made the appointment to the eye dr (I didn't go back to the same place as last time), I half chuckled to myself and said I hoped I didn't find out I was pregnant again after this checkup, mostly because pregnancies when IUDs are in place don't usually work out.

Just in case you thought I was going to say I'm pregnant, I'm not.

I did get a very pleasant surprise, however. I knew my prescription had changed because my vision hasn't been as sharp the last few months. What I didn't expect to hear is that my eyesight actually got better! My doctor checked it twice before she told me. I asked her if she was sure, so she checked it a third time. Yep, my eyesight got better! She wouldn't let me order my contacts that night just in case I did notice a deficit with the lower strength lenses, but on my drive home that night I knew she had me in the correct prescription.

Apparently it is pretty rare that people's eyes get better, especially at my age. It is nice to be a positive rarity for once. :)

7 Thoughts:

Peta-maree said... [Reply to comment]

That is fantastic news. I wish mine where getting better I am sick of wearing glasses but the Lasik wont work for me.

But at least they hide the dark circles under my eyes (most days)

Hugs
P

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Chelle
That's awesome that your sight is better! Also I love the lighthearted post beneath this one-I agree with you about Olay Regenerist it is fantastic!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! I've never heard of that! I wish mine would get better. :)

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Yay for your eyes getting better, and you're right, that is a rarity. I hope you enjoy your new, better vision. :-D

~ifer said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah, my prescription has stayed exactly the same for almost 10 years now, I guess this is what I get :)

That's awesome that you are getting better, you will need sharp eyes to keep track of your kids.

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Well, I'll be. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll never hear those words from my eye dr. Good for you!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

What do you mean at your age? You are still young. I'm glad they got a little better. Maybe your site was worse because you were pregnant and you didn't realise it. You need to post pictures of your cute new glasses.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary