Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Guess Its Not ALL Bad

While I hate the fact that my child is sick, I really do enjoy the opportunity I get to stay home and spend more time with her than I would on the average weekday. Although this week has been a little more trying than previously because I've been trying to get work done while taking care of her.

However, today was by far one of the best sick days we've had together.

BABY BEAN TOOK HER FIRST STEPS!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I was home with her today and was able to witness those precious first steps. I know she hasn't walked at the daycare before today because she has barely tried to walk at home until today. Not only did she walk, but she stood up all on her own without the aid of a table or any other object just before she took two steps. Since then, she has managed to take a few more steps all on her own.

In addition to those precious first steps, I have had to take her everywhere with me to run errands, to the store, to get lunch, to the post office, to return videos, etc. Every time I take her somewhere I get stopped by people all of the time complimenting me on what an adorable baby she is. The day we were stuck at Wal.mart for three hours, I had so many people stop me to coo at her and tell me how cute she was. She is not only cute, but she is really friendly. She loves to smile and wave. When we went out today, we got stopped twice at the grocery store so people could coo over her, once at the mail box store, and once at the post office.

One of the ladies at Wal.mart commented and said that she bet my baby wasn't always so well-behaved. I told her that actually, she is. I told her I was blessed with a very well-behaved, well-adjusted, happy baby, and I am.

Speaking of the baby, I'm getting off to go spend some more time with her!

Update already! The kid has mastered walking, I kid you not. Check it out! She went from her first tentative steps just early today to walking across the room!

9 Thoughts:

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Oh that is FANTASTIC news, Chelle - GO BABY Bean you clever little dear!! Oh, I bet you get stopped absolutely everywhere, she is totally adorable!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

How exciting that you got to be home to see her walking! That movie totally made me smile, I love how she is clapping to herself as she walks lol.

Well done baby bean!

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

That is so amazing Chelle, the video is too cute for words! I'm sorry to hear bout the cold though, that is just awful. I was wondering where you were-I miss you! Stop by when things slow down :)

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, she's so precious! I love how she claps. :)

That's so awesome you got to experience that!!

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Awesome, I am so glad you got to witness her first steps! I'm sure that's got to be one of the most amazing things :-).

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Look at her go!!!!!! That is SO awesome! Thanks for the video, that made my day. She is too stinkin cute and so proud of herself, love it! What a huge milestone, and such a great one for you to be there for!!!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Sooooooooooooo CUTE! I love it! I love that she claps when you were getting excited about it. And that wave! So adorable. She is a great baby.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

I love, love, LOVE those first shakey steps! Soooooo cute! Congrats momma!

And there is NOTHING better than being complimented on your children. =)

She really is adorable!

sbear said... [Reply to comment]

So cute! I am so excited for you guys to share in the joys of parenthood. Hope all is well. We miss you so much and wish you were back, but we know how happy you are in TX.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary