I had told him back at the end of November that next year I wanted to decorate the outside of our house. Baby Bean would be old enough to appreciate it, and I thought it would be fun. We decided not to do it this year because finances were tight, and the baby wouldn't notice or care anyway. Surprisingly, Hubs was on board. Not only that, but he took my idea up a notch. I just wanted to string lights in the trees, throw some in the bushes, and maybe buy a lawn deer or three. He wouldn't have it. He said if we were going to do it, we were going to do it right! That means we will have lights hanging from our roof. I am all for it... as long as I'M not the one on the ladder!
I can't wait to see those lights up there though. ;)
So, after breakfast we went to Lo.wes, but they had already been almost completely cleaned out of all of their Christmas stuff. (I did, however, manage to find those Christmas candles that go in your window on sale for 75% off. I've wanted those for years now, but wouldn't justify spending the money on them until today when they cost just $1.12 each!) They told us to try Wal.mart instead, so we did. The pickings were slim, but we made out like bandits. We bought a ton if icicle lights, two sparkly crystal lawn angels, a few other decorations for inside the house, three garlands, four boxes of marshmallow chocolate covered santas, and a foot spa with paraffin hand treatment. All of it was discounted 75%. (My favorites are the foot spa [$7.50! Hello! I've been wanting one for years] and marshmallow santas.)
Shortly after arriving home, all of it was packed into my last empty Christmas bin (green bin with red lid), and shoved out in the garage not to be seen again until next November. I do want to mention, I also cleaned up at Tar.get earlier this week. I bought six gorgeous Christmas stockings at 60% off. Why six? Because I plan on growing our little family and want all of them to match. I don't care if we never use all six, but it is nice to have them. The dogs will get stockings for at least the next few Christmases now.
As for all of our existing Christmas items, they were packed away first thing this week.
I really enjoy hitting the after Christmas sales. Sure you can't use the stuff until next year, but it is awesome to save so much money. Not only that, but we have brand new stuff to use next year and don't have to spend a fortune trying to build up our Christmas stock all at once.
Now I leave you with a couple of pictures from this year's Christmas. Remember how I said we had chocolate coming out our ears? Take a look at this:
There is a box of chocolate cut off from the picture on the left, and I forgot to include the huge can of Pir.oulines. Seriously, take a second to look at each item in this picture, then feel free to let your jaw drop. My plan is to either take it to work and share it, or eat it over the next 11 months.
And just so you don't think the dogs got left out, check out their stash!
I foresee lots and lots of walks in our futures!






11 Thoughts:
Great job hitting the sales- I need to get new stalkings becauee I can't find ours- might as well get them now while they are on sale.
You home is beautiful- I would love an all brick home. Can't wait to see it decorated.
I'm not really sure how the foot spa fits in with the Christmas decor ;) but I'm glad you snuck it in with your other purchases. Unless you plan on letting the lawn ornaments soak their feet.... It also interesting that you have all that chocolate in your house, and then bought the chocolate covered marshmallows. Lol!
When we owned a house, we had those candles in every window. We also bought big gigantic bows from Walm.art, one for every window in the house. I must say, it looked really cool. Now the bows and candles sit in storage :(
We specifically asked for no choc this year and I still got two boxes. Ryan has demolished his half and my half will wait until the 18th of the month until I have a treat...it's going to torment him sooo much lol.
Your house is going to look gorgeous all lit up! Btw your letter was waiting for me when I got home-thanks!!!
i'd like to put in a request for that box of ferrerros. ;)
Holy chocolate!! Wow!
I can't let my dog see this...he'd get jealous. :)
Glad you got some good deals!!
I love those truffles in the cream and burgandy box! They were in dishes on the tables at our wedding. :)
Wow! Your house is georgous! I love the post holiday sales as well (love to shop for decorations after &alloween too).
Looks like yhou had a great holiday. =)
Yeah, my mum taught me all about getting the stuff from the Christmas sales for the next year, I have got a few new ornaments but didn't make out like a bandit like you!!
I did get quite a few clothes though, so many that I need to clean out my wardrobe again!
This is the best time to stock up on Christmas stuff. I would help you eat all of those goodies but I live too far away. Looks like you had a good Christmas
Good for you! We say we are going to go hit the after Christmas sales to buy the discounted decor EVERY SINGLE YEAR and then we just don't. I am so "shopped out" by the time that rolls around that I simply can't imagine stepping foot in to the store until well in to January. Sounds like you really scored! You'll be so happy when Christmas 2010 rolls around!
(you are so brave to keep the chocolate.. I would have thrown IT ALL AWAY! I cannot resist that kind of temptation!)
Um, u should bring the chocolate to work... cause then I could steal some. Evil laugh. ;)
Post a Comment