Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You Birdman

Oh yes, friends, You have seen this picture a million times on my blog, and you will probably see it a million more times while I maintain this blog, so here it is again:


Today is Veteran's Day, and I would like to thank my own veteran, my little brother. Who, ironically enough, is on his way home from serving in the Republic of Georgia for the last few weeks.

This handsome chap has been in the military since he was 16 years old. He joined the ranks when he was just in high school and went off to basic training the summer between his junior and senior years of high school. He is a field medic who proudly served in Iraq in 2005-2007. He has gone on many missions around the globe, and has barely been home this year because he has been off serving his God and country. He has seen things that I cannot fathom, and has stories he will not share. He has gone to far away lands, and defended my right, my family's right, and your right to be fee.

So today, I would like to say thank you Birdman, for all that you do, for your selfless giving, and for so willingly doing your patriotic duty.

I love you with all of my heart. You are my favorite gift from mom and dad, and always will be.

2 Thoughts:

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

So nice of your brother! Thank you Birdman!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Birdman and any other person who has served their country.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary