Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Sleep is Goooood

Thank you everyone for your well wishes on Baby Bean's behalf. Can I just say Wednesday was by far my worst day as a mother? Not because I was fed up or hating it, but because it was killing to me see my child so sick and in such discomfort. It absolutely broke my heart.

I took this picture of her sleeping on my shoulder while we waited for her flu and CBC tests to be completed. I felt so bad for her. I was glad I had taken a blanket to wrap her in while she had to wait undressed to the diaper because the room was freezing.



The flu test came back negative and her CBC was normal. However, her ear infection wasn't clearing up even though she had been on antibiotics for days, so they treated her to a nasty double injection of antibiotics, one in each leg simultaneously. I felt HORRIBLE holding her hands as the two nurses rammed needles full of thick antibiotics into her legs. I held her tightly to me afterward and tried to soothe her screams. She calmed down pretty quickly and then went right back to sleep.

The fantastic news is the antibiotics did their job. Her ears and sinuses cleared up that night, and for the first time since she started daycare we both slept through the night. For once we weren't both up every two hours with me soothing her back to sleep. Happily, she has slept through every night since. She is doing much better and is back to her happy self. You'd never know she was sick last week.

On a separate note, when I was downloading the above picture from my phone, I came across these pictures from her birthday and had to share them.



I am so ready to do this again!

9 Thoughts:

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

How can your baby girl look so darn cute while feeling awful? It must be a gift. :-D

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

So glad she's doing better. :) The poor thing. I can't imagine what it's like to watch your baby go through that.

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Poor little baby. :(

AL said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad your lil baby bean is feeling better!

She is an absolute doll.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, you can totally see its her in the photos, she hasnt changed much she just got bigger!

Poor little sausage, two needles at the same time is just cruel (cruel to be kind huh).

So SO glad she is better!

~Ifer said... [Reply to comment]

I am so glad she is feeling better, she has been in my prayers.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

She looks so tired in that first picture. Poor girl! She was such a cute baby. I am ready for another one as well.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so sorry that Baby Bean was so sick. My girls are working on a new cold - this will be Nolan's first. Ugh. Gooood times.

LOVE the pics - I can't wait for you do "do this again". =)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

The picture of her sleeping on you is SO precious. Poor baby, you can just tell that she is miserable! PTL that the antibiotics worked so quick. I pray that she (and you & Hubby for that matter!) will be free of sickness the rest of the winter!!!!

The birthday pictures are too cute! Oh how fun. I am right there with you girl, SO READY! I can't wait! Our days will come soon!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary