Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, November 9, 2009

I am Kreativ

I am really late in posting this. I kept forgetting about it, until now. The wonderful Marla at Marla'z Austin Journey sweetly awarded me with the Kreative Blogger award. Thank you Marla!






Here are The Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Write 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they’ve been nominated.

My 7 Things
  1. While my IUD was imposed upon me by medical necessity, I love the thing. I haven't seen AF in over three months now. Should you ever need to be on BC, I highly recommend the IUD.
  2. I came across some old stories I wrote in high school for a creative writing class while cleaning out my closet. I always thought I was a good writer. After reading over those little ditties, I'm not so sure anymore. One of my papers was given a 75/75. It makes me wonder if the bar was really set that low in my high school. The story itself wasn't bad, but the grammar... oh the grammar!
  3. While riffling through that same box of documents, I came across an email to my parents that I wrote during my sophomore year of college in which I blew off steam over the fact that I didn't get as big of a scholarship to my next school of choice as I would have liked. It made me laugh because I seem to remember having a pretty decent scholarship to that university. In fact, they gave me an extra $500 at the end of the year because they had left over scholarship money. I used it to buy a car alarm.
  4. While being nostalgic about the documents I found, I smiled to myself because I have a way of blocking out unpleasant things from my past. If I didn't enjoy the ride, I forgot about it. I actually don't remember very much about my time at that university. Why? Because I was miserable there. I loathed every minute, but viewed it as a necessary evil for my future success. I have friends from that school who ask if I remember doing this, that, or the other with them. I always stare blankly with a slight smile and say, "No." Jen, if you read this, I DO remember the popcorn now!
  5. I am definitely my worst critic when it comes to my writing. It is never good enough and never will be. Most everything I write reads like shite to me. Yet, it is what I get paid to do. My husband always tells me that I must be good at it because I get paid pretty well to do it. On top of which, all of the project managers at all of my jobs never have anything but glowing reviews of my work. I always feel like I have somehow pulled the wool over people's eyes and one day I will be found out.
  6. I didn't realize I was a positive person until I started infertility treatments. I guess positive people block out negative memories too. That isn't to say I don't have moments where I feel like the sky is falling. I just recover from it quickly and find the positives, the lessons.
  7. I am very tired because it is almost 1:00 in the morning, and I sat up trying to catch up on blogs and writing this post.

Now, to tag 7 folks. I'm just going to tag because it is late. If you have already received this award, I apologize. Feel free to do it again, pass it on, or ignore it.

  1. Tammy
  2. ~Ifer
  3. Heather
  4. Cherish This Baby
  5. Justine
  6. Sarah
  7. Leah

2 Thoughts:

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I think it is funny that you aren't a huge fan of your own writing and I think you rock at it! I love IUDs as well.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I agree with the Potters that you rock at your writing. :) :)

Thanks for the award! I will do it soon. :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary