Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Crap....

So this past weekend really didn't like me, or so I'm guessing. I enjoyed most of it, despite the fact that it felt like it was constantly trying to get me down. How can I not enjoy a weekend filled with my darling baby girl?!

Yesterday morning I woke up sneezing, and it continued on through much of the day. At one point I told Hubs that you'd think I'd get tired of sneezing and take an allergy pill already. I did. A few hours later it was crystal clear, I was coming down with a cold.

I never get sick. I never catch colds. And I am certainly never the one to catch a cold first in our house. Somehow, somewhere, I picked up a cold over the weekend. This morning I woke up to a majorly sore throat. I was worried last night when I realized I was getting sick and noticed Baby Bean was a little crankier than normal, and demanded to be put to bed almost half an hour early. So I called my project manager this morning, told him I was sporting a majorly sore throat complete with lagrip (post nasal drip), and before I could tell him I was going to stay home, he told me to stay home and get batter. Then I called the day care and told them today was supposed to be Baby Bean's first day, but that she had been running a fever and wouldn't be there today. I just prayed Hubs wouldn't get sick for his first day of his new job.

Before he left to work, he took me over to the mechanic to drop my car off, brought Baby Bean and I home, and then went to work. Today was pretty brutal. Neither the baby nor I felt good. She went down early for both of her naps and was a little crankier than usual. I tried to sit up and read blogs (I am seriously so far behind) while she was napping, but my cold was kicking my butt, so I had to bow out. I am sorry blog friends, but I will not be able to catch up now. Know that I am thinking about all of you and sending my best wishes for whatever I missed.

In fact, I so rarely get sick, all of the cold meds we had in our house expired over a year and a half ago! I went to the pharmacy today and said to the pharmacist, "I never get colds, but I've got one now. Its been so long since I had one, I don't know which medication works best." I don't think her recommendation is working very well. *sigh*

Hubs didn't get home from work until almost 7:00 tonight. Baby Bean was so happy to see him she would scream if he wasn't holding her. This is the first time in her life she has been home all day without daddy. Sadly, it was bath time shortly after he got home, time for the last bottle, and then bed time. They barely got to see each other today. I feel so bad for both of them.

The good new is Hubs came home in a great mood, which is awesome because it means he likes his new job. I knew this would be a good move for him and his morale. Baby Bean and I were both glad to have him home though.

Anyhow, I'm taking my sniffling body to shower and then to bed. I am really sorry I won't be able to catch up on blogs. You're all in my prayers.

*hugs*

7 Thoughts:

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry you're sick! Feel better soon! :(

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you feel better soon and I really hope Bean doesnt get sick.

I wouldnt have a clue what works for colds because all cold medications clash with my diabetes ones so I am not allowed any!

And dont worry about us bloggers, you focus on getting yourself well again!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Chelle,

SO sorry to hear you are sick! You poor thing. I can definitely relate as I was sick last month with a cold and I hadn't had one for years!!

I hope you get better soon - get lots and lots of rest!

All the best.

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

So sorry you don't feel better. Hope you and baby bean feel better really soon!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You poor girl, I hope you feel better. Sick is no fun, and with baby too. :( BUMMER! Praying you are better soon & Hubs stays germ free! That is AWESOME that he likes the new job, coming home happy on the 1st day after a crazy trying to figure it all out on the 1st day day is a great sign!

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Dagnabbit! Hope you guys are feeling beter! We are total homebodies right now, doing everything we can to avoid any germs possible!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I am so sorry you are sick! I hope you feel well soon. I am jealous that you don't get colds very often. I get them way too often.

It's awesome that hubs was happy when he got back home and that he likes his new job.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary