Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

All Set!

This past week I have gotten the Christmas bug, or rather the past two weeks. I just had so many other things going on I wasn't able to get around to decorating the house until this week.

Last Christmas Hubs and waited until after the Holidays to buy a new, large Christmas tree. We didn't see any reason to get one last year, as it was just the two of us, and we needed the money to prepare for the baby. One night we remembered our realtor had given us a gift card to Ho.me Dep.ot when we closed on our house and needed to use it. We ended up buying a $300 Christmas tree for $75 because it was the floor display.

Since last year, I have been looking forward to this Christmas, mostly because it would be my first Christmas as a mother. I remember surviving the holidays when we were doing infertility treatments. I tried to enjoy them, but it was just so hard because I didn't know if I would ever have a child with which to adorn gifts. Last Christmas was our first holiday with just the two of us and no family. Once again, we were lonely, but at least we were finally pregnant. I held my chin up and struggled through yet another Christmas day alone, but in a new way.

Because of the past few years, I couldn't wait to break out the decorations. I spent this whole weekend getting them set up around the house, and was really excited to get out our new tree. Santa brought me an early present this year.


Baby Bean loved the tree and the lights. She has been crawling around under it and grabbing the branches and lights since I started setting it up earlier this week.



I remember last year thinking I just couldn't wait to buy the perfect "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. It was so hard to not buy one for last year because I was technically with child, but I refrained. This weekend, I came across what I was looking for and fell in love with it instantly.


They are ceramic baby booties that say, "Baby's 1st" and "2009." I have finally been blessed with a child for whom to buy this keepsake.

On top of all of the decorating, I am pleased to say my Christmas shopping is done! Hoorah! I pretty much refuse to shop after Thanksgiving, and I like to have it done and out of the way before TG so that I don't have to worry about it or brave the crazy crowds. Yesterday I went out with one of my best friends, and together we tackled and conquered my list.

Now I can sit back, relax, and prepare to share this very special holiday with my first baby.

11 Thoughts:

Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on your first Christmas with your daughter. She's a cutie!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful tree!

I cant believe how big bean is looking! :O

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Such a beautiful tree, and I'm so happy that you are now a family of 3! :-D

And congrats on having your Christmas shopping done! I'm a bit jealous! I haven't started yet. *sigh*

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Your ornament is so cute. I would love to buy one some day....

Anyhow, hubs and I can't put up a tree - our cats won't allow it. We have all these beautiful XMas ornaments (handmade by me) and my cats just think it's a giant toy. It's so frustrating.

Last year, we just put up the tree with the angel on top, just to see how it would go. Well, we kept finding the angel on the floor. I wish we had a closed-off room that we could put the tree in, but our apartment is so tiny (isn't everything supposed to be bigger in Texas?) *Sigh* I guess I'll just have to make do with pics of your pretty tree ;)

Carrie said... [Reply to comment]

Totally random, but did your blog used to be Our Life in a NutChelle?

If so, and someone else may have already pointed this out to you, but people were looking for you at LFCA because the blog had been deleted. I just happened to notice that this blog was by "Chelle" too... Apparently I read too many blogs and can't keep up with who's who!

AL said... [Reply to comment]

It's going to be such a wonderful christmas that you will remember forever! Enjoy!

The ornament is a dorable, I hope I have a reason to buy one that says 2010 next year.

And I wish I was done with Christmas shopping, go u!

And Bentley does think he's a lap dog, he's always trying to fit in small places and he's tried to climb onto my lap numerous times. It's too cute! And I swear the droppings aren't terrible, I mean, poop is poop right? Your hubby should be desensitized already since he's been changing diapers.

Megs said... [Reply to comment]

I love the ornament :) and I am so ready to start putting up Christmas stuff!! Hubby and I will be conquering it this week :)

I envy those who get their Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. I am a procrastinator. Mostly because we usually wait for my hubby's bonus to come in before we shop. Every year I say that I am going to get it all done early, but never do! So...yay for you! :)

Astrid said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful booties! I'm the same way you used to be. There's a dark cast to my holidays because I still wonder if I'll ever have a child to share it with. I love decorations but I won't set them up until there's a reason (kids). And I totally am putting off baby related purchases until it's a sure thing. Congratulations on coming so far. You give me hope!

Willow said... [Reply to comment]

YAY for baby's first Christmas! Looking forward to celebrating our boy's first this year, too!

Kristin said... [Reply to comment]

What a beautiful baby and a beautiful tree. Happy ICLW

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah for Christmas decorating!!! I am counting down the days until I am "allowed" to decorate. :) Only 4 more to go. We are hosting Thanksgiving and my Hubby thinks it is wrong to have the house decorated for Christmas at Thanksgiving dinner soooo I wait!

The tree looks beautiful, very nice!

The 1st Christmas is so fun and she is up and around and the holidays will be SO fun! Just think of all the memories you will start to create, it's such an amazing experience.

LOVE the 1st Christmas ornament, those booties are so cute!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary