Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Yay for Weekends

This weekend was a crazy fun weekend. Saturday morning Hubs and I got up and went up to my parent's house where we picked up my dad and headed to the chiropractor. After the chiropractor I rushed back to my parent's house to get Maggie to the vet by noon for her yearly shots in the bum. Even though she didn't like being checked over and getting shot in the butt, she got a clean bill of health. Once we got back to my parent's house again, we went out to Famous Dave's for some birthday BBQ (for my b-day). After lunch was over, Hubs packed up Mags and headed home, while my little bro and I went to do some retail therapy.

This weekend's retail therapy session included a trip to the pet store to spoil Mags with some new toys, a new pet bed, and a new case of canned pooch food. Up next was Target. My little bro and I had a mission to find PEZ candy without the dispenser because I love the candy and could care less about the dispensers. We were unlucky with the PEZ mission at Target, and I mentioned to the checker girl that we were on a PEZ mission and that Target didn't have any, so she told us about a local candy store she frequented that had a whole PEZ section. The next stop was, of course, the candy store! Sure enough, upon finding the PEZ section we found a whole basket of loose packets of PEZ. We cleaned the store out, 49 in all at .20 cents a piece. We gleefully skipped back to the car with $10 worth of PEZ candy. The last stop of our retail therapy was the medical store to buy bandaids and a device for my dad.

We rounded out the evening spending some time with my dad, and then heading off to a hockey game. My little bro and I used to love to go to hockey games and have had plans to go to a few this season, but everytime we had plans to go, it would snow. Normally snow would not be a big deal, but I live 35 minutes away from my parents and the drive includes a nasty moutain pass that I do not brave when it snows. So we made it to our first hockey game of the season. Of course hockey games mean you have to get some combination of goodies including, "a game dog", some nachos, ice cream, cotton candy, soft pretzels, candied almonds, and soda. This game saw us with a plate of chicken nachos, a soft pretzel, ice cream, and sodas.


"Want more Nachos?"


"Is there a fight going on behind me again?"

After the second quarter when our team was one goal behind (since shoving an opposing team player into the goal net didn't count), we decided to head home. Our team just wasn't playing well and we didn't want to sit through the third quarter just to be faced with parking lot traffic. My little brother drove me home and spent the night watching movies with me.

The next morning we all slept until noon and spent the day just taking it easy. Needless to say, the weekend went by way too fast, and before I knew it, I was landed back at work this morning. All I have to say now is, "Is it Friday yet?"

5 Thoughts:

B said... [Reply to comment]

Happy Birthday! Sounds great! (not for Mags though. ;)

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

By the way.. that was me, signing in with the wrong account. duh.

Vanessa said... [Reply to comment]

Im so glad that you had such a fun weekend. What a wonderful way to spend your bday :D

I hope the rest of your week is just as good.

XOXO

Carol said... [Reply to comment]

Dear Michelle,
I have just read a little of your blog and my heart goes out to you. My sister and niece went through similar experience's and no matter what we all told them to do or the Dr's..... every month was the same, at that special time.
When babies are on our minds nothing will make it go away.
I hope that you can relax and just enjoy 'eachother'. It will happen. Both my sister and niece got their dreams - Jackie my sister had 3 boys and my niece had a boy and a girl, the funny thing is after a long time trying, once they both had one baby the others came too quickly! so there is a message here !
My fingers are crossed and everything else! and I really wish 'it' would hurry up for you both.
Hugs,
Carol xx
Soon..........

La La said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like fun!!! Happy (belated) birthday!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary