Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, February 22, 2008

See You on Tuesday

Well, Friday has finally come and my interview is on Monday. I'm flying out Sunday afternoon and will have a 4-hour layover in between here and there. I don't get in until 9:30 Sunday night, at which point I will head directly to the hotel to wait for my 4-hour interview first thing Monday morning.

What's that you ask? Am I nervous? ABSOLUTELY!!! I managed to quell my stress levels from Tuesday until today. I kept telling myself there was no reason to stress or fret because there was absolutely nothing I could do between now and then to either predict the future or change anything. But now that its Friday, it has hit me that I still have two writing samples to track down in hard copy before I go. This wouldn't be a big deal if the time between now and then wasn't completely booked. Tonight Hubs and I are going out with some coworkers of mine who also have IF problems, underwent treatments for years, and have also decided to take a break. Tomorrow I have to spend the day cleaning my house, doing laundry, and getting packed up for my trip. I'm trying so hard not to stress, but I am actually shaking right now just thinking about it.

I keep trying to replay my last conversation with the HR guy in my head. Trying to remember his exact words that made me not only extremely excited and hopeful, but that also lead me to believe this job was in the bag. My sweetie and my dad both told me I must still be in the running because they haven't called me to cancel my trip yet. lol I mean, the company IS paying 100% of all expenses for me to come out. I keep trying to tell myself that I have nothing to worry about and that my writing samples were stellar before I sent them to him for review, so they are still stellar in his hands. I keep trying to stop fretting, but I can't help what my grandma passed on to me.

I talked to my dad for an hour last night, and he facitiously told me that I should be worried about my interview because apparently I needed something to do. I know its silly, and I shouldn't worry or stress. There will be plenty of time for that later. I just need to take a few really deep breathes and blow out the stress and anxiety.

Wish me luck friends! I won't be back online again after I leave the office today until after I get back on Tuesday. *gulp!*

7 Thoughts:

Vanessa said... [Reply to comment]

Im sure your going to do wonderfully!

Your brilliant, a hard worker, and over all just an amazing person. They would be insane not to want you ;)

So think happy, positive thoughts and its in the bag!

Have a safe flight, and dont keep me waiting on the edge too long! LOL

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of you all the way Michelle... knock em dead!!
We have something called the Bach Flower Remedies over here... do you have them in the U.S?
I always take some of the Rescue Remedy if I am in a stressful situation... i.e driving test..flying!
It works!
I know you'll do fine... your guardian angel will be watching over you..
Michelexxxx

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Michelle, what have you done with your confidence, look how well you have done so far. I know that I couldn't have got as far as you have already. On Tuesday you will look back and say to yourself, why did I get myself in such a stew over it! You will do well and we are all here, even across the pond, to wish you all the best. x

Pretty Practicals said... [Reply to comment]

GO GIRL! We believe in you and you will be just fine by being yourself ~ try to enjoy the fact that they want you enough to fly you out there, put you up in a hotel and listen to what you have to say. My darling father used to tell me to remember that I am interviewing potential employers just as much as they are interviewing me ~ it worked every time to remember that maybe after seeing them I wouldn't want their job afterall.
Take care and try to find a moment or two to enjoy it all too,
with love, Liz

La La said... [Reply to comment]

Have a great trip & STOP WORRYING!! I know you will do just fine.

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

LUCK! Can't wait to find out! :D

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

I can't wait to hear how it went, I'm sure you knocked their socks off!! It's normal to get so nervous, but I'm positive your confidence came back in time for your interview :))

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary