Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Job Offer Details

I just have to say up front that I feel SERIOUSLY spoiled today. I got the details of my job offer yesterday afternoon, but have been in such a frenzy since yesterday morning I haven't had time to post or even read anyone else's blogs yet this week. I swear I will get to all of your blogs and leave comments as soon as I can. I didn't forget about any of you!

The job offer package completely blew my socks off! I figured that because the company was going to have to pay to relocate me that they would give me a low-ball offer (I know my current company low-balled both my husband and me, and they didn't have to pay reloc expenses). Instead they actually offered me more than I asked for, which is subsantially more than I make now. While my jaw was on the floor over the salary, I continued to get more details. The company is going to pay 100% of our relocation! They are going to send a moving company to box up our entire house, which means we don't have to lift one finger, and move it to Texas for us! On top of that, they are going to put us up in corporate housing for 30 days and put our stuff into storage to give us time to find a house. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I was informed that I even get a nice little sign-on bonus to help out with any other expenses we may incurr.

I spent all day yesterday in a happy little bubble, except for the part where I had to put in my two-week's notice. I felt bad about that, but offered my services until my position could be filled. Last night we went to our favorite restaurant to celebrate. We're on a first-name basis with the general manager there because he is also from Texas, so we also went to share our good news with him. Afterward we headed to Best Buy to buy me a GPS and satelite radio for the move. It was after I walked out of the store with my purchases in hand that it all really finally hit me. I am moving to Texas in less than three weeks!

9 Thoughts:

Vanessa said... [Reply to comment]

Thats so great Michell! Im sure you and your sweetie are so thrilled and cannot wait to get to moving :) I hope it all plays out.

Natalie said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on the new job! Best of luck with the move...
All very exciting...

P.S. I'm from South Africa and found your blog today. Very interesting. We have given up ttc and are on the adoption waiting list

kam said... [Reply to comment]

Such an exciting HUGE step! :)

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle, congratulations, I am so pleased for you, it is the best news you could have had. I applaud you for this huge step you are taking in your life, although you are still very young, I wish I could be so bold! I will look in for further progress along the way. x

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

holy crap! I wish WE could get that! Congrats to you! I'm so happy for you! Both DH and my companies low-balled us. Nice.

La La said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on the job!!!

kari and kijsa said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations...sounds fabulous...

smiles, kari & kijsa

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

All good things come to those who wait.. and it is your time for things to come and bless your life Michelle..
I am so happy for you and your happiness is infectious.. it is lovely to read of your good news.
I will email you soon when my head has cleared a bit.. been a funny old week.

Much love
Michelexxx

Kara said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats - How exciting! Last time I checked your blog you were off to the interview and now this. Very cool! YAY!!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary