I think this is partly my fault. I thought I ovulated on the 14th and was free to stress about this impending job, so I've just been letting the stress happen as it would, thinking it couldn't postpone ovulation this month because it had already happened. But on top of that, I have woken up the past two mornings completely nauseated, and today I have muscle aches that make no sense to me. I would think it was the flu, but I'm pretty sure its not. I'm sure its all stress induced.
I'm not really worried about the fact that I obviously haven't ovulated. I'm just a little confused. I had already determined that if it didn't work out this month, it would probably be for the best. And that if I do get that job, we won't try to conceive at all next month because I know for a fact my stress levels will be through the roof with the job change and trying to move. That means I won't bother temping, and we won't bother with timed baby dancing.
I think I am coming down off my interview high as of yesterday afternoon. My boss came around at lunch time yesterday and told everyone to go home for the rest of the day, since it was a holiday. I skipped out of here and went home to put together my writing samples and cover letter. The whole time I was writing the cover letter I was freaking out. All of my fears started to set it, and I was nervous as hell about submitting my samples. I suddenly lost my faith in my writing abilities and was afraid the employer would decide my writing sucked and they didn't want anything to do with me after all. A couple hours after submitting my samples, I began to cry. I'm not sure if it was hormones, nervousness, or fear. Maybe it was a combination of all of them. My husband lovingly stroked my back and told me it was all fine, and that my writing samples were really good (he never strokes my ego, so I know he was telling the truth). I still can't help being nervous. I have certainly come crashing down from my excitement on Friday.
I tried to help soothe my poor nerves last night by going shopping for a new suit to interview in next week. I found the most wonderful little number at a place called White House Black Market. I spent almost $400 on a complete outfit. By complete I mean jacket, top, pants, 4" heels, necklace, and bracelet.
So I'm a little down today between the non-ovulation, dropping temps, and nerves. I know I have no right to be down, but I am. :(






7 Thoughts:
I'm not very good at visualizing (I'd have to see the chart) but from what I understand the temp only needs to stay up for 3 days to indicate ovulation....???
Hey Chica! I think it's totally normal to have all these crazy feelings right on the eve of such big changes. And when/if you move, be prepared for more. But you'll get through it and be ok I swear! It always takes me 3-6 mos to even START feeling comfy in a new place and about a year before I fully feel like I belong there. That is really really normal. Just enjoy the newness of everything and appreciate the courage you have for doing all this.
SECONDLY - I've seen you blame yourself for IF problems before, and it makes me sad. I know we all do it, but it sucks. I know if we feel like we can't control at least some part of how we may trigger these problems, that that in itself is a scary thing. However, stress very rarely halts ovulation all together. Very extreme, life threatening or complete depressive stress (as in, someone has died) has been shown to delay (but not halt) ovulation significantly, but day to day stress really shouldn't. Please please don't blame yourself. It's classic for someone with ovulation issues to have those "hilly" up and down charts. I know your doctor thinks stress plays a part, but most studies really do disprove that in people with actual infertility. Besides, even trying NOT to stress can be stressful, so simply take care of YOU ok?
OK. I'm stepping down from my podium now. :) It just makes me feel badly when others feel badly about this. On top of it, I see well meaning commenters perpetuating that belief when it's just not true. You are living a good, healthy life and trying to be happy. That's the best we can do for ourselves. The rest (reproductive wise) happens as it happens.
xoxoxo!
B
p.s. Per the above comment, you need a more long term trend to indicate ovulation. 3 days is too short. And those temps are way too low for the luteal phase range. Progesterone would raise your body temp more than that.
Hi Michelle, oooh you went shopping... only last week you were telling me that you wanted an excuse to shop til you drop and your interview is such a good reason!
Sorry to hear you are feeling glum, just try to remember that you have lots of friends out here who care about you and your good man at home who loves you... that should help bring a smile in your heart!
with love, Liz
Dont worry about the interview and your writing samples. Im sure you and they are wonderful and if this prospective employer cant see that then its their loss!
As for ovulation, Im sure its just nerves. That could postpone your O for at least a week, I know it has happened to me.
Im glad that you found a new suit, and I hope it makes you feel extra confident and beautiful :)
Best of luck
XOXO
I'm sure you'll do great with your interview. Walking in with a $400. outfit should certainly make you feel powerful!
Hi Michelle. When I next go for an interview, I know I can only be myself, and that's what you should be, if they don't want you it's their loss, but use all the experience you have gained to go forward to the next one, all the time and effort you have put in will reap dividends. Saying this I think you are going to do very well, and in that outfit, as they say in the US, go girl! x
Hello dear Michelle...
Poor you... you have been on a bit of a roller-coaster of emotions this last week which might explain your erratic mood swings and temperature puzzle!
Are you certain you have not ovulated.. Do you take your temperature first thing in the morning before you even get out of bed?? I read that this was the way to get a consistent reading..
Don't despair.. one step at a time.
With love and a big hug.
Michelexxx
Post a Comment