I just want to have a year where I don't think about treatments, hormones, shots, doctor visits, bills, etc. On top of that, my husband and I want to move, and we want to do it soon. Moving would involve a job change for me. Both changing jobs and moving are high stress times for me and not condusive to getting pregnant. So I have decided that I am just going to let things happen the way they will for 2008. If I get pregnant, great! If not, no big deal, we'll pick up treatments next year. I still have plenty of baby making years ahead of me. What's the hurry?
Over the next year the only thing I am going to do is temp. I'm not even going to use OPKs because the last time I did that it sent my stress levels through the freaking roof and postponed my ovulation. Kind of self-defeating.
I just want to take this next year to be me and to be happy. I want to only appreciate what I have in my life, and not what I want and don't have. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. He is so perfect for me, and we are so much in love with each other. I have the best dog in the whole world. She keeps my stress levels and blood pressure low. I have a wonderful job and what I do is in high demand right now, which will eventually lead to our being able to move to Texas, where we really want to be. We have a wonderful house full of memories that we have made together. Does it get any better? (Can you tell the sun has actually been out here for the last week?! lol!)
So that is where I stand right now. Happy and content. Why change anything?






9 Thoughts:
Hi Michelle, good on you for deciding to take a year off from stressing about pregnancy issues. You are right, you have plenty of time and less worrying while you are trying to move will help keep those stress levels managable.
It's great to have a hubby that is right for you (I've just been writing about mine on my blog), makes the world that much nicer place to live in!
Chat soon, Liz
Are you really moving away from here? We need to get together before that happens!
Doing what you feel is right for you is very important. :)
You're not going to stop blogging are you?
I have no intention to stop blogging! I love it and I love all of the wonderful people I meet doing it. I'm only taking a break from fertility treatments, but we're not going to stop trying on our own. :)
Michelle.. you are such a dear person and have a big heart.. I firmly believe that your time will come and it will come when you are not looking! I tried for 4 years to conceive and got so hung up about it and you can't hurry mother nature .. she has the last word!
You are taking the best possible course.. relax.. get on with life and life will happen!
Much love to you
Michele
P.s If you ever make it over to Bath again please come and say Hi.. I would love to meet you.
Sorry I deleted the last comment as it had too many spelling mistakes.. typing too fast again!
Ohhh, you have no idea how NICE that sounds. So relaxing...enjoy it hun. I think you have it all right. ;)
Holy crap Michelle! Thanks so much! You don't know how much your kind words mean to me; especially coming from someone who knows the craft. English and writing have always been a passion of mine. I had intended to become a writer initially, but insecurities and a passion for the environment and endangered species got in the way. :) I've had a few things published here and there. Nothing big. But I've always wanted to write a book. I suck at fiction though.
You are a very kind, warm human being and a good writer too. I can't thank you enough for that boost to my confidence. I sometimes write and re-write posts due to my perfectionist writer nature. Thanks for making it worth it. :)
Your mistake comment cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh too. ;-)
P.S. I didn't write anything for a long while and then wrote a bunch all at once. That's probably how you missed the posts. :)
Also, in terms of UL, do what makes you most comfortable. I see the book more as a way to help you understand your feelings and work through them. So if you need help with that or would like help with that even though you aren't going through treatments right now, it may be a good thing to read. It made me sad at first, but reading more actually made me feel better. I'm not undergoing treatments right now either (and my not ever again). I read it almost as if I'm studying it though - underlining important parts and such. (I know.. defiling a book, blasphemy!)
But then again, if you really want to get out of that stuff completely, the book will always be available on Amazon for later. ;-) Nothing wrong with that.
Michelle, I am so pleased for your decision. A friend of mine had trouble conceiving her first child and ended up having IVF, which was successful after numerous trips to Harley Street in London. Her second child came as a surprise by natural conception. Just take your time and I am sure your dreams will come true. In the meantime enjoy every moment with your lovely husband. x
Post a Comment