I had some serious cramping yesterday starting at around lunch time and lasting through the rest of the evening. Although I am sick of thinking, "Maybe I'm ovulating today" every single day for the past week, I thought that my cramping was a really good indication the egg had been released. But when I took my temp this morning, I wanted to shake my thermometer again. My temp only crawled up one tenth of a degree from yesterday's 97.0 to 97.1. I am just utterly confused!
I do take my temps first thing in the morning right after I hit snooze for the first time (I usually hit it at least 6 times before getting out of bed). I actually get a kick out of my thermometer because it saves up to 10 temps taken within a 96 hour period, as well as the time they were taken. I will go into the memory and smile at the fact that each temp is EXACTLY 24 hours apart.
The things that are really confusing me are the fact that my temps were going up for the two days following the 14th, and then dropped from 97.9 to 97.1. Then the fact that they stayed low for days on end is just boggling my brain. My last few temps have been 97.1, 96.7 (which isn't an option on my chart that bottoms out at 97.0), 97.0, and 97.1. On top of that, these are the lowest temps of my cycle. Up until the 14th, my average temp was 97.5 with the lowest being 97.3. Even if I DO ovulate at this point, how much should my temperature jump? Should it jump to .2 degrees above my coverline to indicate ovulation? Or should it just jump .4 degrees from the 97.1 from today? At what point would my temp be indicative of ovulation? If last month's chart is any indication, my temps should be around 98.5 after ovulation. I'm a long way from that right now. Frustrating!
I would seriously think my thermometer was frizting if I hadn't retaken my temp yesterday with a different thermometer that confirmed the reading of the first. Is it just me, or does everyone else think this oddity is stress induced? In reading, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility," I don't think this pattern is at all normal. Even in the example charts where women ovulated late due to stress their temps didn't drop like mine has. I am seriously so frustrated with it that I'm debating if I even care enough to keep temping!
Maybe I should just quit doing anything in the conception way. The OPKs stressed me out big time because I was so afraid I'd never get that positive test and I'd be landed back in the dr's office. The temps aren't stressing me out, but they sure as hell are frustrating me. I thought it was fun at first to correlate temps with monthly symptoms, but I don't think so anymore. Perhaps ignorance is better. If I don't know my temps are really low and therefore don't know if I'm ovulationg, I can't worry about it, right? Maybe I just need to get that job in Texas so I can completely focus my thoughts and energy on something else for a while.
While I know this post makes me sound like I'm stressing about the temp thing, I'm really not. I'm just confused and frustrated. I'm just sick of knowing I'm broken and not "normal." I hate being on the bad side of statistics, and I feel like that is all I have been on this past year. I'm the 1 in 7 couples with fertility issues. I'm in the 1 in 25 women who have endo. I'm the 1 in 600 women who have erratic temps....
I think I seriously need a beach getaway. lol






2 Thoughts:
Completely understood. Temping actually helps me feel more in control.
I would definitely take what your normal post O temps are and assume that for your LP. I would say at LEAST a .2 jump in temp, but that's my little non expert opinion. ;-)
My LP temps temping at 6:15am tend to be 97.9 or above if temping vaginally (higher) and 97.6 and above if temping orally.
Your high temps from before could be due to any number of things.. other hormones, alcohol, other changes in your body. It doesn't really work that your body "started" to ovulate and stopped and will start again unless you did ovulate but lost your corpus luteum super early. And then you'd have to wait to o for the next cycle. Know what I mean?
As for your cramping, you can cramp for a long time before O sometimes, and sometimes cramping doesn't even mean O. Ever since starting treatments, I cramp at random times, and it feels like O cramping.. especially in my left ovary.
The endo definitely can cause these erratic "fooling you" temps.
I would definitely say though that it really seems like no O right now. Don't give up!
I'm with ya on the getaway. ;-)
I hope that was somewhat helpful.
B
Have you given any thought to a double ovulation? Its possible to ovulate twice, a few days apart.
Just a theory :)
I hope your able to figure it out!
Post a Comment