Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm Interviewing in Texas!!!

I got the official call this morning, I did EXCELLENT in my Gallup interview yesterday, and my propsective employer is flying me out to Texas for an interview in a week!!!! Needless to say, I am completely beside myself with excitement and have had butterflys all morning. Now all I need to do is put together a portfolio of my work in the next week just in case they want samples of my work. I'm not sure if the guy could tell, but I was dancing around this morning when he told me they wanted to fly me out for an interview. Even Maggie was dancing!

Even better news is that I ovulated on my own yesterday! I couldn't believe it happened so early in my cycle, on my exact Day 14. For once I'm in the good statistic where I ovulated "on time" and not late. I'm just really glad it happened before all of the excitement/stress of this interview set in.

Yes, I am seriously stoked, but the rational side of me in the far reaches of the back of my head says, "You could be out of here in a month or less! That means you will have to pack up your ENTIRE house, find a place to live, travel back and forth between states for who knows how long, leave everything you have ever known behind, including family and friends, etc." Luckily my excitement pushes those thoughts back to the far reaches. I'm just too happy to worry about that stuff right now. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

To top off all of the excitement, the sun is out in all its glory today! We just had two days of snow and cloud cover, and I have to say I will not be one bit sad to leave behind the snowy, overcast, icy, and freezing days.

I am so excited!!!!!!

12 Thoughts:

Pretty Practicals said... [Reply to comment]

WOW ~ you clever bunny! I am really pleased for you Michelle. The sun has obviously come out to help you celebrate getting through to the next interview stage. I will continue to send postive thoughts across the pond to you, with love, Liz

kari and kijsa said... [Reply to comment]

Just came over to meet you ! (we are girls from Texas roots!!)

blessings,
kari & kijsa

La La said... [Reply to comment]

Yaaaay ovulation! Yaaaay super job interview!!! ;) Sounds like you are having a great week! Congrats hun.

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like all your birds are coming home to roost Michelle... I am REALLY happy for you.. clever girl!!!
Anyone could tell your prospective employers that you have an excellent personality... all they had to do was ask me for a reference!!! Ha!

I will be in touch real soon!
Michelexxx

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

WOW, how exciting, ovulation and interview!!! What a week!! Glad you aren't focusing too much about the moving and stuff, what will be will be, just so excited to hear everything going so well :)

Pretty Practicals said... [Reply to comment]

Hi again Michelle, I wondered whether you would like to be a guinea-pig this weekend? Our new site is all but ready and just needs a couple of people to have a look through it and let us know if there are any glaring mistakes. If you fancy spending 5 minutes having a pre-launch nosey, please email me your email address and I will send you the link to the new site. If you are busy or don't fancy doing it, not to worry. I'm at athome@prettypracticals.co.uk. Chat soon, Liz

Vanessa said... [Reply to comment]

Yippee! Im so thrilled for you! Im sure you'll get the job and you'll be on your way to texas before you know it :D

Keep us posted!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

WOO HOOOOOOO! All GREAT news! Congrats!

Kara said... [Reply to comment]

Great news on all fronts - wishing you much luck and lots of good vibes with interview and this cycle. I had to read the last couple of posts and catch up - you have had a really busy week.

OK - Once again, Great news!

Mamma Millan said... [Reply to comment]

Hello, what a happy and sweet blogg you have!! Happy Valentine to you to!!Velcome to me..have some home baked cupcakes left!!

Hugs Millan, Sweden

louise said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the sun is still shining on you today, it is on me. It is yet another beautiful day here in the south of England. x

~kamie~ said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats! I hope everything continues to go well for you! Good Luck in Texas!! :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary