I thought it was interesting my doctor told me the last time I talked to him that if I ovulated on day 19, it was too late in my cycle to be any good. I think that is the only thing he's ever said that I completely disagree with. Am I correct when I say that as long as my leutal phase is long enough, it doesn't matter when I ovulate in my cycle? Because that is the impression I got from my book. My cycles are pretty much consistenly 30-31 days with ovulation around days 18-19. At least if my temps drop for four days next month, I will know its normal. Temping has become cool again. lol
I also wanted to share something I find a little funny. About two months ago I accepted a contract job for a company that my company was contracting to restructure our company and hire new employees. I liked to call this team "The Bobs" because they reminded me of "The Bobs" on the movie Office Space. The guy I liked to call "The Main Bob" tended to be a little weird and give people the creeps. It turns out the guy was a drug addict. Who knew? But that wasn't where the creepiness ended for me. I always thought The Main Bob had no concept of personal space, like the "Close Talker" on Seinfeld, so I never thought much about the fact that he would always get right up in my face when he talked to me. I thought he did it to everyone. After I found out he was on drugs, I started talking to my coworkers about him and asking if they thought he had personal space issues. It turns out, I was the only one in the whole office that he did that to. Once the word got out that he had done that with me, all of my male coworkers were on their guard with him and started watching out for me.
A couple of weeks ago I had begun working on a new project with another one of The Bobs. When he didn't return my emails about the project and didn't show back up to work the following Monday, I informed my new supervisor that I couldn't track The Bob down. He told me that The Bobs had all been let go; their services were no longer needed, and they would not be back. Needless to say, that sent cheers through the company. Ding Dong The Main Bob is gone! Since The Bobs won't be back, and The Main Bob was the one in charge of my contract job, I have decided to tell them to stuff it. The money just isn't worth it. That decision totally made my day and brought a smile to my face. Now I just need to uninstall their software from my computer. :D






4 Thoughts:
No, you're right (at least that is how I understand it as well)...as long as your LP is at least 10 days it doesn't matter where in your cycle you ovulate. I usually ovulate on day 18 and my LP is usually also long enough - so you're not alone. =)
Hi dear Michelle
From what my hazy memory tells me.. the ovulation optimum period was two days either side of ovulation so roughly five days each month you should be fertile and the body condition most receptive for conception. It is relevant to the length of your monthly cycle.. I was always 28 days so could calculate mid cycle was most likely to be ovulating.. I hope I am not stating the obvious too much here but take heart.. we are all different and you will start to recognise your body's subtle changes each month.. as I told you I only had to wait a month once I started this method.. that was my miracle though!
Try to find distractions as you will drive yourself crazy thinking about it 24/7.. easier said than done!
You know I am praying for you..
Much love
Michelexx
Good, well im that you figured out the temping situation ;)
UGH on the Main Bob story! Funny but creepy. I'm glad they're gone! I guess you're just too cute. haha.
As for when you O. Your doctor is wrong. You can definitely get pregnant and be fine no matter when you O in your cycle. However, that being said, there are some studies that may correlate later ovulation with higher rates of miscarriage and lower rates of pregnancy. But if you think about it, that's a "DUH" thing considering that most people who have late ovulations also tend to have some sort of dysfunction like endo, PCOS, thyroid problems etc. All these things result in lower pregnancy rates and higher rates of miscarriage. (unfortunately) So if I remember correctly, the jury is still out in the medical community on whether it makes a huge difference or not. I'd say CD19 is not too bad since it's not TOO late. I think some of the thoughts on if it would cause problems is if your follie was ripe, and waiting to be released, but the LH didn't surge for whatever reason and it sat there aging in the meantime. But if it matures and releases in the normal time frame (even if it starts later), then why should there be a problem?
Please any other IF "vet" correct me if I'm wrong. And to find a lot of the people who've experienced almost any of the things you come up against Michelle, and to get some good answers, a good bet is to find the people who have been "in the trenches" the longest. That's where I get most of my support and a lot of info. Just through sheer time, you're forced to learn a lot of this stuff. If you want to know how to find help from some of them, let me know, and I could point you in the right direction. :)
Post a Comment