I told Hubs with a slightly heavy heart that this month was not successful and that I just needed my moment to be sad. I didn't cry, and my heart didn't break too much because I knew, afterall, that it was only a remote possibility in the first place. In addition, I have experienced some really wonderful positive changes because of the surgery, so I know it was all for something.
There are good things to be had from this though. Everything is not lost, and the little cloud only stayed a moment. I refuse to let small setbacks and disappointments get me down. Like a new year, I get to embark on a new month with the knowledge of the previous month. I have already determined that in this new month I will try new things that will help increase our chances this time around, such as eating plenty of high fat dairy, which is proven to increase fertility in women. I have already cut caffine from my diet, knowing now that it contributes to endometriosis, and decreases fertility in women; however, caffine helps men, so Hubs will continue drinking it.
There is one reason above all others that I am okay with the fact a baby did not work out for us this month, and that is that my chances of still being able to go to Scotland next September are really good. How can I be sad when I think about things that way? Yes, I want a baby, but I also want to go back to Scotland. :D And now I have another reason to want to go, and that is to meet one of the most wonderful people I've ever known, our own Beeswax.
So today I will take however long I need to be a little blue, and then I will pick myself up and look forward, with hope, to the new year and new month.
P.S. I found that listening to a little soothing Howie Day helps make the sad moments feel better. Thanks Howie.






7 Thoughts:
Hi! I answered your posts in my comments section. Thanks for stopping by!
I'm so sorry to hear about the "visitor." :( But I am glad that you will be able to go to Scotland. I would love to go someday.
Dear Michelle,I don't really know what to say to you today!!. your dissapointment for this month, no words can take that pain away from you, I would like to send you all my hugs and love,your are strong and very positive, don't loose that!
New Year, New Month, and new day....
all new, don't ever loose hope, you grab it, and hold on to it so tight, never never let it go, keep it just beside your heart, and as your heart grows, as will your hope...love Kath x:)
Oh, and also I would like to say, I am so humbled by your comment on your post about me, and hope you have all your dreams answerd this year, your trip to Scotland will be amazing...
Love Kath x..
had a look at he place in Edinburgh, wow...
Edinburgh is 40 mins from my door, straight road all the way too!!...wish you could bring Mags too:).
5..4..3..2..1..HAPPY NEW YEAR....just checked your time zone...Kath...xxxx
Michelle, I sometimes feel a little sad that me and J have never had kids, but in another way by not having them has allowed us to develop our relationship as just us, a couple. We have been together coming up for 25 years, and yes there has been times when I would have loved to have had kids around, (and you feel it more at Christmas time), in my twenties or even thirties, but the love I have for J somehow makes up for missing out on this part of my life. I know you are not me and I suffer your disappointment with you, but never give up, look ahead to your holiday in September, enjoy life and your dreams will come true. Louise x
Michelle - I'm so sorry for your disappointment. Your attitude amazes me. :-) Sounds like you are on the right track. Just keep believing that it will evetually happen.
Oh - Howie has seend me through several drepressed days - as well as Brandi Carlisle - she's the newest on my crytunes....
No matter how hard you try not to get your hopes up... it's hard!! And somehow a little hope slips through just to be disappointed (at least in my experiences). I am sorry for your disappointments and hope that things happen soon for you! Keep up the happy thoughts.
Post a Comment