Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, December 14, 2007

My Mom Says I'm a Winner

Last night my husband and I braved snowy and extremely icy roads to go to my work Christmas party. Of course I wondered if it was all worth it as we sat going 5 mph on the freeway and it took 50 minutes to get to our destination when it should have been 20. I think I could actually feel my arteries hardening from the stress of being scared we were going to hit or be hit. lol (We are definitely going to have to move to Texas before next winter!)

Luckily, it all turned out to be worth it. I got to sit with my new friend S and her 5-month-old baby boy, who was an absolute angel. Up until I held her little guy, she was really good birth control for me. Now that I've snugged her little baby boy, I think she is full of it and I'm ready for my very own spitting up, cooing, warm little bundle.

At the end of the evening they had a drawing for a bunch of prizes the company bought. Neither S nor I won anything at the party last year, and so we didn't get our hopes up this year. We sat together and said, "We're losers. We won't win anything. You should come to my office and each chocolate tomorrow and we'll be losers together." A split second later, S won a 1 GB iPod Shuffle! I teased her and said, "I guess I'll have to eat chocolate by my loser self." A split second later I also won a 1 GB iPod shuffle! We both laughed that we not only both won, but we won the same thing! So today we are going to eat chocolate in my office and be winners together.

Not only did we win together, but she was sweet enough to offer to trade me the green one I won for the purple one she won because purple is my favorite color. I think I've found my new best friend. :)

2 Thoughts:

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle
So good of you to come visit me just now and thank you for your kind comments. I am so sorry you did not fare well with your hotel in Bath.. If you ever return let me know and I will find you a feather pillow for the night!
I have read your profile and love your ethics and principles.. a kindred spirit.
I wanted to say in relation to your ipod shuffle experience... all good things come to those who wait and that applies to babies too.. I do wish you all good luck.
Michelex

louise said... [Reply to comment]

What great prizes to win, well worth the arduous journey to your destination. I have my first festive meal this evening with friends past and present from work, I am driving, but we have no snow, although very cold, may get some ice on the roads, I shall be careful! Every year we have a santa bag, in it a present for each friend, although we limit to £5 each, just a token at that price! x

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary