Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Presumptuous Pup

One of the things I love best in this world is my dog. I am a serious dog lover. I've had my very own dog since I was six years old when my dad bred his favorite sheltie and we kept one of her pups. My dad and I are very close, and I am definitely a daddy's girl. Our love of dogs is one thing my dad and I share that no one else in my family does. My dad and I used to take our dogs to training together because it was time we could spend together, and time we could spend bonding with our dogs. When I met my husband, I told him up front that if he married me I came with at least one to two dogs. Even though he is not a big dog fan (at all), he allows me to not only have my dog, but allows her to be inside because she makes me happy.

When I had my surgery, my dog was the only being who was by my side 24/7. I usually sleep with my bedroom door closed, but I left it open for a couple weeks after my surgery so Maggie could come check on me during the night, and she did. Every now and then she would put her nose up on the bed to make sure I was okay. If I didn't respond, she'd start to whine. It was all very touching and very bonding. The only thing I felt bad about is that my dog is very sensitive to my moods and became slightly depressed while I was stuck in bed. We've since gotten her over that. Now that I am feeling better, so is she.

My dog gets her daily biscuits as a reward just for being her. Lately I have been keeping the box on the floor because my husband objects to it being on any form of human eating surface. Last night I was on the phone with my dad when my presumptuous pup walked into the front room with a dog biscuit in her mouth. I couldn't believe it! The silly girl had gone and opened the box by herself, and helped herself to a treat! I told my dad and we sat there and laughed. How could I get mad over something so funny?

Maggie finished off her biscuit, waited about 20 minutes, and went and helped herself to another. The best part was she looked back at me before helping herself to see if I was watching. After eating about four treats, I finally had to move the box from her reach to keep her from eating all of them.

I tell my dog every day that she is good for my heart and that God made her just for me. There is nothing in this world like a good dog.

0 Thoughts:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary