Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Taking a Breather

After a more than hectic day at work today, I decided to take the night off. I have work to do, I just refuse to do it. It will still be there tomorrow. This is in part due to the comments from my very sweet friends on my last posting. This R&R is for you ladies! How could I not take such sound advice? Especially after the comment from Michele who has been where I am and knows how important it is to not overdo things. I already did that once.

Tonight I am taking some time to just sit on my backside, read blogs, watch TV, and play some much deserved fetch with my faithful canine companion who has recently decided she likes to lick inside my ear. (EW!) I always tell her she is good for my heart, and I really believe that. Mags has a way of lowering my blood pressure, and when I am really stressed out, I can feel it all drain away in a good snug with my pooch.

In honor of my night of R&R, I wanted to post the pictures from my trip this spring that really help relax me when I feel my stress levels starting to shoot through the roof. These are honestly on the wall in my office at work. Please relax and enjoy!


Christ Church, Dublin, Ireland

This is my all-time favorite relaxation picture. I love the sheep in the distance. Kilmahog (did I spell that right Kath?), Scotland

Loch Ness, Scotland (Can you just feel your stress floating away?)

Bath, England (We stayed on the top floor of the building on the right. The third and fourth windows were our room.)

4 Thoughts:

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

Hello Michelle
Good to know you are taking it eeeeeeasy!
I think it is important to take time and smell the roses as they say! Our lives are so full and the years flash by before we know it..
Your photos of England, Ireland & Scotland are wonderful...Ironically ,you have probably seen more of my country than I have !!
Now I know where you stayed in Bath.. come back again and I will show you some lovely little hideaways.
I can just picture you with Mags.. pets are the best way to unwind.. my Mr Pickles keeps me endlessly amused and is great company. I had a Maine Coon cat once upon a time that loved to lick ears! I had to hide under the duvet to escape her licks!
Hope you are nicely chilled out now!
With love
Michelexx

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

Hi michelle, the photos are so relaxing right enough, no wonder you look at them often,enjoy your break, and put your feet up!!!
P.S. I have left something on my blog for you, collect it and paste it to your blog from me xxx
Kath..

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

will e-mail you this evening, it is 9.30 in the evening just now, !!!didn't realise it was so late!!!
but will email you, promise...thanks for your comments , glad you liked the award you so deserve it, and adam too....bfn..Kath
PS i have soe thing important to tell you too, talk about chances popping up out of the air, I am walking on it, I have been asked to orginise an event on a very , very special and talented painter and writer , for this summer her in scotland....yikesss!!!
Thankfully Louise my middle daughter is an event orginiser, she has studied at University for it, so at least I will have back up, I am so excited.....ok ill go now, and have a we cup of tea, then I will email you and cowwboys and custard too, i want to let her know about it also, i don't have anyone elses e-mails so can't pass my news on!!!
from an excited, Kath xx

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle, I do hope you have taken some time out. Lovely holiday photos, we have never managed as far as Ireland and Scotland although have visited Bath on our travels through. I do hope you have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. x

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary