To reward myself for all of my hard work, my husband and I went couch shopping. I've determined I spend too much time on that couch to not be comfortable. It is where I take naps, watch TV, snuggle with Hubs to watch movies, work from home, etc. Basically its the only place in the house I ever really sit to do anything. We found a couch that we were absolutely in love with. It was the most comfortable couch I have ever sat on. The price tag was a few hundred more than I wanted to spend, but after sitting on at least 100 couches, I didn't care how much the one I loved cost. However, it didn't come in the right color, and Hubs wouldn't let me buy it for that reason alone. I was so bummed! We did find a couch that was somewhat comfortable and met all of my other crieteria (such as cushions I could flip over when they started to wear) and that was right in the price range I had pre-determined. We decided to go home and think about it before making the purchase.
The next morning my little brother came down for an overnight visit. (He is a blog for another day, but I will say that we are very close and are known as "the twins born four years apart.") We spent the morning out shopping for his last minute Christmas presents and made a stop over to the furniture store so I could get his opinion on the couches I loved. After finally deciding and the salesman mistaking us for a married couple (which happens a LOT), the purchase was made, and a delivery date set.
This morning my husband got a call from the furniture company at 7:30 in the blessed a.m. saying our couch was on its way. (I usually don't saunter into work until 9-9:30. I value my sleep too much.) At 8:45 we were both awakened by the delivery of our new couch! (Yes, I was still fast asleep, having pushed the snooze button on my alarm clock at least 10 times by that point.) Since we hadn't removed our old couch the night before, the new one is now sitting in front of it, patiently waiting to take its new place after I get home to help remove its predecessor tonight. Mags and I can't wait to snug on it.
The old couch. Check out how the cushions sag into the middle, especially the one on the right.






6 Thoughts:
Nice Couches! I can't wait for that day! *dreaming*
What a lovely comfortable looking couch, and the colour is really easy to fit in with any decor, Mags has takrn charge of it already..lol...looks like you and your brother made the right choice..
Kath x
sorry about the first e-mail I sent the photos all too big so have sent them smaller to you now, did you go cross eyed trying to look at them lol xxx
Now isn't that just typical.. our four legged friends always get the best seats in the house!
Look like a lovely snuggly snoozy type of sofa..fatal!
Happy New Year to you and yours Michelle..
Much love
Michelexx
I wanted to stop by and say thanks for the comment. While it always makes me sad to hear of others being in the same position as us (I wouldn't wish infertility on my worst enemy), it does make me feel better to know that we are not alone. I hope your lap did the trick!!
PS Adorable couch! I'm jealous!
Dear Michele, hope you at least found one to your likeing!!?(spelling, see I told u)..
My sentiments are the same to you and your lovely Hubby, wish you all the best for 2008, Xtra BIG hugs to both of you, now I am sorry I shall have to cut this short, but, I am currently working on a commission from a client in America, and I know only the best will do..from me that is!!lol, so will speak soon , thinking of you at the bells xx Kath, you are too kind for words..
Hi Michelle, I read your blog yesterday and was going to comment but I have been a few days getting over a bout of sickness, my strength is back today so here goes. Glad you have had time to recharge your batteries, maybe we must make 2008 less hectic for ourselves, life is for more than overdoing it, don't you think? Going back home to your lovely new couch must make life a bit easier, I remember a couple of years back when we got ours how it just totally transformed the room and makes you feel so proud for what you have worked for. It was good to spend time with your brother, I have just one brother, we don't see each other that often, but we have always been very close, and never, ever argue, can you believe that! Yes I can see angels peeking from over the back of your new couch, make sure they don't take up all the seats! x
Post a Comment