Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

What I Learned This Year

As 2007 comes to a close, its time to take a moment to do a year in review. I decided the best way to do this is with a bulleted list or two. The past year has been full of ups and downs, some even to the extremes (including a false positive pregnancy test after undergoing artifical insemination). Below is my year in review:

Things I did:
  • Helped my husband landscape our backyard by ourselves
  • Planted my own first garden
  • Published my first user manual and admin guide
  • Published my first company newsletter
  • Started blogging
  • Came out of my introvert shell
  • Made wonderful new friends
  • Chose to use my blog to educate
  • Was artificially inseminated
  • Had a moderate endometrial resection, ovarian drilling, and lost my appendix
  • Bought a new couch
  • Ate lots of chocolate

Where I went:

  • Dublin
  • Edinburgh
  • Bath
  • London
  • New Orleans
  • Houston (a couple of times)
  • A reinaissance festival dressed as a saucy wench
Things I learned:
  • Outlook and attitude are absolutely everything 100% of the time
  • Its okay to be sad and cry sometimes--I don't always have to be strong
  • I love plants (went from a couple houseplants to many)
  • How to be a gardner
  • I have a green thumb
  • Sometimes its better to just let old friends go
  • Infertility and surgery are for the birds
  • Cheese is a cure for PMS (I'm NOT kidding!)
  • Fish ponds are a lot of work (and expensive)

Things that happened:

  • My grandma passed away (my last grandparent)
  • My love for my husband grew exponentially

This past year has been good and bad, and I look forward whole-heartedly to the next year.

I wish everyone the best in 2008!

3 Thoughts:

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is a great post, I can relate to much of what you have said. I have found this with many of the blogs I have discovered or who have discovered me, that we all have so much in common with each other, it is uncanny. Have you noticed this? I am determined to make 2008 a better year for me and everyone around me, I know you are determined too. Happy 2008 to you both and to Mags, looks like Mags may be spending all of 2008 on your couch! x

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

YOU are an inspiration to many, and I hope you find your blog will go on to fulfill you and others needs,as I'm sure it will.
Just amazing to grow from such things....plants included.lol..
This year 2008, as it is now 6.30 am here in Scotland, I hope will bring you all your hopes and dreams,you just keep growing, like the plants...

kam said... [Reply to comment]

What a year! I hope that next year is a *special* one for you!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary