Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sometimes Boring Is Good

The other day I was kind of lamenting that I will be going back to work on Friday and the fact that life will resume its normal daily routine. Its not that I don't want to go back to work so much as it is that I am not looking forward to stepping back into the mundane daily bump and grind. Not only that, but we have nothing exciting on the horizon. We can't start trying for another baby until September or October (I know I said August, but we need to be smart about things and give my body time to heal; even September/October is pushing it). We don't have a vacation planned. Its summer, and not just summer, but summer in Texas, which is brutal. In short, life is going back to the same old, same old. Boring.

It kind of started to get me down and I didn't like that. I racked my brain trying to think of something to look forward to and be excited about. I did this for days and kept coming up with nothing. Yeah, we get to TTC later this year, but that is months away, and honestly, there has to be something better to look forward to. I'm kind of tired of this whole TTC crap right now anyway because there isn't a dang thing we can do about it that isn't completely stupid. I would really like to put it on the back burner until we're ready to be back in the game.

For a few days I sort of moped around the house. Yeah we're getting ready to finally start landscaping our back yard after living here for over two years. That's exciting and fun, but that project is going to move at a glacial pace. It isn't instant gratification by any means. Between right now and the moment that project is complete will be what feels like eons. In other words, there has to be something better.

Then one day it just hit me, maybe it is okay for life to be boring sometimes. It seems to me that during those times is when some of the best memories are made. Just because it is boring in terms of momentous events, it doesn't mean that the moments I am given are boring. I will still have my family and we will still have good times together. Even work isn't so bad as long as I have friends, and I have lots of them. Maybe the secret is to learn to find all of the moments in the moments, rather than hold my breath for the momentous. I don't know, its just a thought.

Life really is good, even if each moment of it isn't filled with the most spectacular or dramatic things life has to offer. Sometimes the lack of drama is just what the doctor ordered, and I'm pretty sure I already filled that prescription. Maybe its time to just sit back on the front porch in a handmade wooden rocking chair, fanning myself in the hot Texas summer heat as I watch the sun go down and sing a heart felt round of "Summer Time." Its time to kick back, relax, and let the boring times roll.

6 Thoughts:

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

What a great way to put it! Love your attitude about it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Can't WAIT for you guys to TTC again. :) :)

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

I get the same way with the normal routine of life. Sometimes it gets me down, but you are right, boring can be so much better than a drama filled life. And even your day to life with your husband and Baby Bean sounds pretty nice. :)

AL said... [Reply to comment]

I have to agree with you, sometimes boring is good. Sometimes when life is boring you have the time and attention to enjoy the little moments, which is great.

Thank you so much for your comments on my last few posts about the work drama, I really appreciate it!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You might be on to something. I should warn others.... where's my cape?

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

Yah, this is such a great post. Sometimes you just got to sit back and enjoy instead of always looking at what's next! Thanks for the reminder!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I am glad that you don't have much going on. Some times things start to fill up and take all of your time. Then it's hard to enjoy those quiet moments with loved ones.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary