That looks like pretty much everyone. Okay then, let's talk about something else for a bit, shall we? I thought it might be fun to talk about Baby Bean for a bit. Its been a long time since I've done that.
I want to start out by saying I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mama, especially to my little girl. I just love her so much. On top of that, she is one smart little cookie. We get comments all of the time about how smart she is. She has a pretty big vocabulary already and picks up new words all of the time. She is big on repeating things you say too. Yes, we do have to watch what we say now. lol On top of her vocab, she is really good at knowing where things are, such as her mouth, teeth, nose, and cabesa. When asked, she can tell you what doggies and kitties say. She can even tell you what Maggie and Sadie say. It is so stinking adorable.
One of my favorite things is how much she is like her mama. I inherited my love of dogs from my dad. I got my first dog when I was about 6 years old and have had dogs ever since. I used to spend all day outside playing with my dog growing up. I could often times be found in the dog house with my pooch. I would crawl in there with colored chalk and draw pictures of furniture on the walls for them. I would throw them birthday parties, and I created a summer camp for them one year in which I sewed capes for them and created a camp song.
Baby Bean is starting to become attached to our dogs, but especially Sadie. I think those two are going to be the best of friends over the years. Sadie is such a good girl, well, they both are, but Baby bean likes Sades the best. She crawls all over her, hits her on the head with things, pulls her fur and all that jazz. Sades doesn't mind one bit. She just sits there and takes the abuse. Baby Bean also likes to crawl into Sadie's crate and kick her out. She thinks it is so much fun to be in there, and often times she will close the door and just hang out.
It makes her daddy and I laugh. It makes me laugh more because I used to do the same thing, only I kept the dog in there with me.
The other day Baby Bean had gone and gotten the dog's leash out of the basket of her stroller and was attempting to put it on Sadie.
See what I mean about Sadie just sitting there and letting the baby do whatever she wants? Sometimes on our walks, her dad will hand her Sadie's leash while she is in the stroller. It is amazing how Sades just knows Baby Bean has the leash, so she doesn't pull at all and walks right next to the stroller.
Baby Bean also likes to share her food with Sades, or rather, she tries to share. Sadie knows she isn't allowed to take food from the baby, so she usually just acknowledges that Baby Bean is trying to share.
I love that my daughter is gaining my love and appreciation for dogs. I am so glad that I have two of the best, most gentle, child-loving dogs. It is so much fun to watch them all interact and love each other. We love our "Farty Party Dog."






6 Thoughts:
How cute!
And BTW, how in the world did you teach Sades to not take food from the baby ??? Smart dog!
Marla, Sadie is just that smart and just that good of a dog. I am seriously, seriously blessed with both of my dogs. I know the breed has a lot to do with it. Border Collies are insanely smart dogs and are so easy to train. Sadie just knows if she takes food from the baby she will get yelled at, and she doesn't like being yelled at. They are such good dogs.
AWWW! What a sweet post! Love it! L crawls in to the dog kennel all the time, too, and it cracks me up. She will just sit on top of the dog, he will NOT get in her way. They have a sweet relationship, too. I love seeing my "original baby" and my "real baby" having fun together. He was all stretch out sound asleep on the floor the other day and she stealthily crawled up and squealed in his ear so loudly, he about hit the roof. The whole thing made me laugh SO hard... and I love watching him lick her little face and she just giggles. Precious.
What good dogs not taking food from her! That is awesome behavior. I am jealous! I have watched our dog jump up and take stuff off the high chair tray when my back it turned. GRRRRRR. Makes me livid.
Let me know what day you guys are coming? I would love to meet up if I'm available!!!
Without a doubt the cutest post I've seen this year lol.
How big is baby bean getting! She looks so tall and toddler like already!
OK, her in the kennel is just precious! I love it!
Awww, very precious! I love the picture of her in the kennel! Too sweet. :)
Post a Comment