Hubs had dropped his truck off at the repair shop the night before, so he took my car that morning. After they had left for the day, I went back to bed. As soon as I woke up, however, I felt like the worst mother in the world. Why had I sent my sweet baby to daycare? And now I had no way to go get her. Screw that. I decided I would call my best friend and ask her to help me out.
Funny enough, when I got to my phone I had a text message from her, "Lunch?" You God send! How did she know? Sadly, I had also missed a call from the daycare. It turns out Baby Bean had some really bad diarrhea going on too. Long story short and an overly long lunch for my BFF, we got Baby Bean home just in time for both of us to go down for a 3-hour nap. When we both woke up, it was to an unwelcome terror. For the second time that day, I had to change her sheets and do an emergency batch of laundry. #2. 'Nuff said.
That night when Hubs got home, we were in a hurry to get over to the mechanic to pick up his truck before they closed. As soon as he opened the door of the car to put Baby Bean in, she puked. *cue horror music* All over her car seat, my car seat, the floor, the floor mat, her clothes, and her daddy. To make matters worse, I had given her a yogurt drink with live and active cultures to help kill off bacteria in her stomach. Let me tell you how awesome that smelled.
Even though my car was covered in vom, we had to hurry to get Hubs' truck, so into the barf mobile we packed and off we went. We decided at the mechanic's to head straight to a car wash to get a detail, but traffic had other plans for us, and I refused to sit in the barf mobile any longer than I had to, so I cut across a parking lot and went home to clean my car myself.
Guess who WAAAAAY overdid it? Yeah, that would be me. It knocked me on my @$$, which was a bad thing, as I had Baby Bean home from daycare the next day and could barely keep my eyes open. I just prayed for nap time all morning. I spent the day cleaning up massive diaper blowouts and doing emergency laundry in addition to taking care of a sick baby girl who was now running a low grade fever whilst also trying to take care of myself post-surgery.
Saturday morning rolled around, and I thought praise be to heaven. Hubs would be home to help out.... except he decided HE needed to sleep in on Saturday morning, leaving me to get Baby Bean up and going for the day. I was dead on my feet. Shortly after I got her fed and was getting ready to silence the beast in my own stomach, I was hit with a massive wave of nausea.
Apparently I had not been very careful the previous two days, as I had officially caught whatever Baby Bean had. I was now very aware that her illness had not been caused by bad food, or the fact that she has four molars coming in all at the same time. She had a virus.
Within half an hour I was dead to the world. I could not keep my eyes open as the virus fought its way through my body, threatening to make me vomit every second. I spent the entire day asleep. I woke up some time around 3:00 in the afternoon and managed to get down half a can of ginger ale and a few saltines. When Chelle doesn't eat at all, she is pretty freaking sick! By the end of the day the ginger ale count stood at 2, and the saltine count stood at around 10. The upside is the weight loss stood at around 4 lbs. :)
So that was my weekend, full of puke and poop. I thought of my own mother at some point when I was doing emergency laundry and thought to myself, "I bet my mom doesn't miss these kinds of days one bit."






7 Thoughts:
Oh no!! I hope everyone makes a speedy recovery...you poor thing!
What a fun weekend. ;) I hope Baby Bean is feeling MUCH better, and I hope you and your husband doing get the bug. There is nothing worse than the flu. :(
So sorry that you had such a crummy weekend!!! Hope you all feel better soon!
Nope, she doesn't! :)
Aww... what a rough day! I hope you girls are feeling much better. I was just marveling the other day about how I've not seen my child puke yet... other than the newborn stuff that is pretty minor. I am not looking forward to that day... TAKE IT EASY!
Oh I hope you guys feel better. I can't imagine being postsurgery, taking care of a little girl and then getting sick myself. I wish I was closer to help you. Thinking of you! (((HUGS)))
Yikes! Sorry that you and Baby Bean had to get sick with that! It's never fun. I wish I could have brought you some soup from Zupas to help you feel better.
Post a Comment