Our lot is rather large, which is yet another reason we bought this house. It is great for two high energy border collies, high energy kids, and perhaps a swimming pool one day. Yes, it really is that big. Actually, its bigger. I wasn't in the corner of the lot. Can you see the potential here?
We spent most of the day Saturday looking for the type of stone we want to use for our patio pavers and fish pond surround. (We're going to do that again this Saturday too, as Hubs has to look at every rock yard in the metroplex before he will be happy.) The day was rounded out with dinner at a new Tex Mex restaurant and a trip to Lo.wes to buy planters. While we were there, we ended up on the side of the store that sells playgrounds. Now as I have said, Hubs is NOT an impulse buyer. At all. But the second he saw this toddler swing, he wanted it.
Is that not one of the cutest things ever? I mean, look at the smile on this kid's face!
We seriously couldn't wait to put the swing in the tree and put Baby Bean in it. To make the weekend even better our "hick" pool, as Hubs calls it, arrived on Saturday. I wasted no time filling it up on Sunday morning, and within 45 minutes, we were all in it.
That totally is not the best picture of me or the baby, but this picture was taken after a long day outside where sweat poured down my face like rain. Yes, it is one of those inflatable ring pools, but we just don't give a rat's batoot. Its a pool that we can climb into and cool off on a hot, Texas summer day. I am still so excited about having it, it borders on pathetic. lol
It was a fantastic weekend. Our favorite part was obviously the pool, very closely followed with Baby Bean in her swing. Mom and dad, this one's for you!






6 Thoughts:
So much fun! I am cracking up at your hick pool, but really - Baby Bean in that video is adorable!
Oh my goodness!! She is so adorable! I can't wait to see how you transform your backyard. We bought our house 3 yrs ago and very spring/summer we find yet another landscaping project to keep us busy with, not to mention updating the inside as well.
She is just so sweet and adorable! I'm glad that she's enjoying the pool and the swing.
Hey I completely dig your hick pool as well as your toddler swing. Although, I'm loathe to get Dakota a toddler swing because when we are at the park he never seems to enjoy it that much. But, Bean is adorable.
Love your back yard. Can't wait to see what you do with it. And hello, gorgeous (you and the kiddo).
Love your yard! So big!! And so happy for you and the pool. :) Very cool!
Post a Comment